The Photo Snob Thread

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Hey dude, this was me like 2 months ago.
The first combo is what i bought, as i was pretty low on cash. The flashes have worked fine so far, its just the variability of the flash power is either full power or 1/16. So you only have 2 power options. This hasn't worried me to much so far but may be a hassle for you.
The other issue is the V2 triggers which work at max 1/160 synch without a black line appearing across the photo. I have used it for riding at 1/160 and it worked fine, but i don't know about DH.
eg

My mate bought the other package recently and the variablility on his flash is so much more than what I have, and the triggers are V4 so they may be better (didn't talk about that). So if I were you i'd probably save up for the expensive one.
Hey mate big help, another question how long was postage on yours? cheers.

nizai

Likes Dirt
Been a while since ive had time to get onto Rotorburn, work freakin sucks atm. Anyway, a couple of shots ive liked recently....

N

nath288

Likes Dirt
Whilst we're on the topic of flashes, I got one today aswell. Loving it so far but need to get used to all the settings and positioning of the flash. Only got a few snaps before the battery decided to die :(

Just a quick test using the sb-600....(flash/tripod in shot, head cut out, blah blah blah)

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Whilst we're on the topic of flashes, I got one today aswell. Loving it so far but need to get used to all the settings and positioning of the flash. Only got a few snaps before the battery decided to die :(

Just a quick test using the sb-600....(flash/tripod in shot, head cut out, blah blah blah)
]

Looks great i think and even better after some fine tuning! just put the more expensive flash set on order for 300 including postage, 15 day wait is going to kill me!

nizai

Likes Dirt
could you please tell me the shutter, and f-stop please. been trying to get something that looks similar to that with the clouds etc. well mainly the clouds and thats it
Theres nothing special about these clouds, thats how they looked on the day - its not due to a long shutter. Shot at 1/125th of a second at f11.

Oddly enough all the clouds look a bit like that on clear cold October days in Canada.

N

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Been working like a dog over here as its the school/christmas break here, but a few shots never the less.

San Francisco

Northstar at Tahoe Village

Seriously itching to get a tripod and shoot the lake here, this place is stunning.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey folks, today i got hooked up with 200$ towards camera flash related stuff, which i have been wanting for a while! These are two options which look quite good for the price, has anyone had any experience with them or point me in the right direction?

So theres this one: http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16742

Or is it worth paying the extra for this one? http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=17206

Any help would be appreciated.
I would go for this instead: http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=17028&cat=298&page=2

Start with one flash. I don't think you'll really use the bracket on the portrait kit. If you already have a flash then order a second trigger. So far I've had some resonable results with just a single off camera flash.

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
could you please tell me the shutter, and f-stop please. been trying to get something that looks similar to that with the clouds etc. well mainly the clouds and thats it
I think to get that kind of look in a normal situation, you use ND (neutral density) filters which allow you to have longer exposures even in bright light. Is this right?