The Photo Snob Thread

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, all hail Tristan muchly! :D:D

And in answer to the question, he was born in 1989. Theres a fair bit of uproar going on over this issue on the club now, it's sorta escalated onto another level, and the guys been banned from racing pending whether or not he apologizes to me! He probably should have picked someone who hasn't been a part of the Cairns MTB club for 5 years...

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Well, as long as you guys like them, I'll keep posting them. And for those of you who are sick of flies.......
Sweet dude. Strong greens and yellows work really well together. Your macros lately have been bloody beaut!

The next step in the progression of your photography and especially your macro photography should be learning how to focus stack. I won't go into it in too much detail because it's almost 3am and I just got home from a 15 hour shift (good times...), but look it up on Google if you're not certain as to what it is or how it works - it'll boost your shots tenfold, guaranteed.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Best piece of advice i've ever got, was when shotting cars, never have anything 'growing' from the roof/bonnet.
Very good advice.
It's not a bad image at all man but as pointed out, there are a number of distracting elements in the image. The antennas are one (easily cloned I guess), the lights off to the right are a little overpowering (not that bad though...they're pretty cool actually) and finally the reflections in the panel work/window. Again, you can probably do wonders just cloning those bit and pieces out and just smoothing out the lighting. Dropping exposure on the windows would probably make those elements in the background appear less visable, in addition to creating the illusion your Liberty has hecktic tint!

Alot to think about eh?!

I recall a friend telling showing me some amazing car images he'd taken at night using all but a long exposure and a softbox with an LED torch inside.

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the feedback fellers. Has given me plenty to work on.

Very good advice.
It's not a bad image at all man but as pointed out, there are a number of distracting elements in the image. The antennas are one (easily cloned I guess), the lights off to the right are a little overpowering (not that bad though...they're pretty cool actually) and finally the reflections in the panel work/window. Again, you can probably do wonders just cloning those bit and pieces out and just smoothing out the lighting. Dropping exposure on the windows would probably make those elements in the background appear less visable, in addition to creating the illusion your Liberty has hecktic tint!

Alot to think about eh?!

I recall a friend telling showing me some amazing car images he'd taken at night using all but a long exposure and a softbox with an LED torch inside.
I'll throw some more work into the images for a study break tonight, see if I can employ those tips you suggested. My lighting technique was just the good old 'walk-around-the-car-firing-the-flash-at-different-angles' method

ViS

Likes Dirt
Ok I'm fairly new around here. Been lurking and reading posts for a while now, but have finally decided to stop being lazy and start posting. Amateur photography is a passion of mine, so I'm loving this thread.

Here are just a couple of my photos. I have thousands of the things on my PC, so if you want to see more, just ask :p

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok I'm fairly new around here. Been lurking and reading posts for a while now, but have finally decided to stop being lazy and start posting. Amateur photography is a passion of mine, so I'm loving this thread.

Here are just a couple of my photos. I have thousands of the things on my PC, so if you want to see more, just ask :p
that girl has some crazy hair!