The Photo Snob Thread

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Quick question. For all Canon EOS users who use battery grips do the battery grips have a thread to mount the camera on a tripod on the bottom? If it makes a difference it's the BG-E9 version which fits a 60D. Does it hide any other features which are on the bottom of the camera?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there are any 'features' on the bottom of the camera.
I would also like to know if it does block anything as I am getting a 60D soon :)

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Look what arrived this morning. It's like Christmas 6 weeks early:D

I think you should wait till xmas to play with it! curse my saddistic mind...

Tristan... Happy birthday mate! hope you're enjoying Canada... we all miss you ♥

Last edited:

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
I would also like to know if it does block anything as I am getting a 60D soon :)
I had a look today at the grips at Kirks cameras in Ringwood as yes they have buttons on the side and bottom which you can turn on and off, it makes like much easier for portrait shots with all needed buttons ontop of the camera once it is turned on its side. Checkout this it may help abit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18ff7iMbuE

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I think you should wait till xmas to play with it! curse my saddistic mind...
Not on your life Andrew. I need to get this thing into open spaces asap :cool:

That's awesome. I was thinking a cannon but this is just as good :) will be expecting some cool pics. I love the 70-200's. My quad pics were done with a 70-200
I hope so too wazza. I'll be giving it a go next Tuesday night under lights to see how it goes at a Track and Field meet hopefully. I'll have to find something to shoot this weekend too I think.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok so from the video posted a bit earlier it looks as if there is a tripod mount.

Very amateur question but when you have a battery grip installed is the battery grip always on and functioning in terms of the dials on the grip having an effect or is there a switch to turn the battery grip on and then the buttons on the body become inactive? In other words is there ever a time where both shutter buttons are functioning at the same time?

EDIT: Don't worry, google works wonders. For those who were interested the battery grip has a switch which deactivates the buttons on the grip. Also it has a tripod mount.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
A delayed birthday present arrived in the post today...

Cannot wait to use it!

For the uninformed, it's a 10-stop Neutral Density Filter. This bad boy enables one to take long exposures in broad daylight. Rad!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Yeeeewww, big stopper! I pine for one of those!
I've been after one for sometime - found a quiet little mob doing them pretty cheap in comparison.

Only issues one really face is that it's so dark that AF is virtually impossible (not too much issue here as one would normally be at infinity anyways for landscapes). The other is that you have to manually determine exposure, to which I've made a little laminated exposure card as a reminder ;)