The Photo Snob Thread

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Simple request, is anyone, or does anyone know of someone selling a Canon 24-70 f/2.8L? I was hoping to get one second hand for a bit cheaper, like ~$1000, if anyone knows of one for around that could you let me know :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Simple request, is anyone, or does anyone know of someone selling a Canon 24-70 f/2.8L? I was hoping to get one second hand for a bit cheaper, like ~$1000, if anyone knows of one for around that could you let me know :)
Join the club. I came very close to buying one on ebay at $950 (buy it now), but had to sort out car rego instead. Balls.

Haven't seen anything that cheap since.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry Alan, can't make Volvo's look siiick :p
I would be willing to bet Allan could...

Elbo? I think it was, that was in Sydney and wanting to do some candid street photography... Or anyone keen to go into the city tomorrow (Sunday) I have it off and my ankles good enough to walk but not ride so I figured instead of sitting around I might go into town

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Don't worry; i've realised i'm heading to Canada on Monday morning, so if no one buys it between now and then, it'll be waiting for you when I return in two weeks time...;)
Sweet, I'm so jealous right now. I dream of going to Canada one day but NZ at the end of the year will have to do me (wife and kids drain my income).
Let me know when you get back if it's still available.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Elbo? I think it was, that was in Sydney and wanting to do some candid street photography... Or anyone keen to go into the city tomorrow (Sunday) I have it off and my ankles good enough to walk but not ride so I figured instead of sitting around I might go into town
Sorry mate, can't make it today. Already have plans to go to the beach. Keep me posted next time you're in the city, or anyone else who wants to get a Sydney meet-up happening.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Constructive criticism welcome.

Salty Rocks at Wollongong (About 5:30am in Summer)
EOS3000n Canon EF 28-80 f3.5 - Fuji Provia 100asa. (Exposure not recorded)

Wollongong sunrise.

The Barn.
EOS3000n Canon EF 28-80 f3.5 - Kodak TCN-400asa B&W (C41)

Storm Cloud over Orange NSW
EOS3000n Canon EF 28-80 f3.5 - Kodak TCN-400asa B&W (C41)

Wollongong sunrise.

Wollongong Moonscape (Double exposure)
EOS3000n Canon EF 28-80 f3.5 - Fuji Provia 100asa. (Exposure times not recorded)

Storm over Wollongong lighthouse
EOS3000n Canon EF 28-80 f3.5 - Fuji Provia 100asa. (Exposure times not recorded)
Back in my stormchasing days. As this went past, I was standing on the rocks, holding my camera cable release, with a huge metal tripod, and an umbrella while lightning struck the water right in front of me 'pleasedontkillme idontwannadie pleasedontkillme idonntwannadie 'CLICK'" Good fun.

Last edited:

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Hey all, been a long time since I posted in here. Have been backpacking for the last few months, and am having some down time at the moment, so thought I would see what's what, and post some things.. My 24-70 2.8 died in Cambodia though, so pretty much all of these were shot with an s90.

Vietnam - Base of the Central Highlands

Ireland - Aran Islands (The main one)

Belgium - Antwerp

France - Lake Annecy

Italy - Venice

By the way, that lightning photo above is epic.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Harmonix - An awesome set of images there, the storm over Wollongong lighthouse is epic.

Reece - You make me want to get on a plane and see the world, unfortunately I'm broke:(. Keep posting mate, there great pics.

On another note, I finally got myself out on Sunday to try a new style of shoot. I was at the beach, not as early as usual and not for landscapes. I'll let you guys tell me what you think as I'd never done this type of photography before but I'm pretty stoked with the results.
P.S. - A big thanks to Renee and Naomi for giving up their time for me.