The Photo Snob Thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
My first area of attack would be to remove any and all moisture from your camera. Any hardware devise can be drained of moisture by placing it in a container with "UNCOOKED" rice. The rice will draw all moisture out after 1-2 days. I can confirm this works after my phone went swimming once. The I.T. guys at work recommended this procedure for any hardware that gets wet. Give it a go, what have you got to lose.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Just opened everything up then though, maybe i'll give the firmware update a shot first and then try de moisture, so closed everything back up and put the battery back in, thought i'd just make sure it's all screwed up still. It was no longer fucking up. Still a bit worried though. Can anyone suggest an attack plan for ikelite. I'd like to get this thing fixed/ repaired/ replaced so I can sell it.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I'd be keeping the battery out of it for starters. If there's still any mositure in there that could potentially cause a short, the last thing you want is to be pumping juice into it!

The rice idea is a good start (silica packets are a good alternative too if you can find them) and if you're still worried about it I'd consider getting it looked at by a service centre; or if you're keen, pull it apart yourself.

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
How fast was the leak? if you want to test it, unscrew one of the buttons and find someone to make you a screw in valve so you can pump up the housing with a shock pump and then submerge it.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I suck at taking photos lately... Can never get anything i like whatso ever

Photos on your blog are noice cbear

Last edited:

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
Bought the housing for $1350 second hand.
Call them up and tell them the circumstances and what happened and I suspect they'll be falling oer backwards to help you and keep their reputation up. I know that most companies I've had to deal with in similar circumstances hae always done everything they could.

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
has anyone here had any troubles with the 7d's autofocus? mine seams to throw up soft images left right and centre, particularly with my 24-70 2.8 L. would a firmware update do anything to eleviate the problem?

cheers

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
has anyone here had any troubles with the 7d's autofocus? mine seams to throw up soft images left right and centre, particularly with my 24-70 2.8 L. would a firmware update do anything to eleviate the problem?

cheers
It could also potentially be the lens. I've had a bunch of slightly OOF shots with my 24-70, especially in poorly lit or backlit situations. I've been told the contacts sometimes don't communicate properly and need cleaning to make work again. Funnily enough I haven't done anything and it seems to be working better these past couple of weeks.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Thanks man!

Here are a couple others.
While these 2 are great, also. And inspire me to buy an underwater housing; The thing about the first one that is so special to me is the purple-ish tinge and the perfect waves of the silk dress. Just really cool.