The Photo Snob Thread

tre0001

Likes Dirt
the falls are in average condition, however they are currently rebuilding the viewing area so there was very limited access this is the widest shot i got, didn't spend much time. There seemed to be a lot of manmade obstacles made it hard to get a good shot. Also only open on wekeends atm.
just a snapshot.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel like some sort of foreigner coming in here now, but, was nice today and I shot a snazzy car, so I thought perhaps i'd share a couple of shots :)

They're from FB, so appoligies if you can't view them

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Getting some soft boxes soon hopefully.
Can I ask, rectangular vs square. Are they better for one thing than the other?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Just wondering... Has anyone used the brenizer method before? Easy to achieve or not? Looks pretty rad, and pretty keen to give it a try!

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Hey all, i have a little problem, and need some advice.
I've set up a bit of a home studio, and received all my things off ebay a few days ago, and i will be using it for a paid fashion shoot tomorrow. (as well as shooting at a few locations)
Previously, i had a set of cactus v4 triggers/receiver, but all the receivers have stopped working except one. So i ordered a new set of V2's from ebay, the parcel arrived with 4 receivers, but no transmitter/trigger. I have sent a message to the ebay seller and he/she said i will be posted the trigger within the next week or two.

So my dilemma is, how am i going to fire 2-3 strobes at once in my studio & locations tomorrow? I have 2 cactus KF36 flashes and one studio light, so in the studio, i can use the one V4 receiver to fire a speed light, and use the studio light on slave, which works okay but being able to use a backlight would make a world of difference. Plus when on location there is too much light for the studio light's slave function to work.

Is there any way of making my V4 transmitter trigger the V2 receivers? Or any other suggestions?

Hope thats not too confusing, also i will post some pics of my studio set up after the shoot tomorrow.

Thanks!

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Haven't had time to look through here in a while, damn, I've gotta say, they are some pretty rad photos Patto! I'm a sucker for the look and texture of film, I love it :D

Think I'm getting a bit better at this whole rig thing :)

On another note, has anyone tried any 'cinemagraphs'? Obviously not my photo/cinemagraph.