The Photo Snob Thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
One more from another shoot I had on the weekend. Something different from the beach :)
I've just ordered a 150cm x 100cm reflector to use as a diffuser for the sun to stop the harsh shadows and blown out sections that I'm getting when shooting in full sun. Hopefully this will improve things.

6275476249_e4e953e870_z.jpg

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Revisited a photo I took from Mt Stirling last year and did some editing. Thoughts… anything I can do better to bring it to life?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I think it's just like that. The blue tinge/lack of contrast is in the original photo, but I tried to fix it with my own editing (which is not very good). I would like ideas of how people would approach the editing (i.e. what needs changing?… white balance?, contrast, levels, etc). Just wondering how people would tackle it? Or would you scrap it?

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
One more from another shoot I had on the weekend. Something different from the beach :)
I've just ordered a 150cm x 100cm reflector to use as a diffuser for the sun to stop the harsh shadows and blown out sections that I'm getting when shooting in full sun. Hopefully this will improve things.

View attachment 214771
Nice Craig... but my 2c... its either the lighting, the necklace, the shadow from her hat or how her shirt sits makes that boob look like an alien about to burst out of her chest... really distracting for an otherwise great pic !

Or maybe she has a knee up there or something?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Yeah I believe it's a combination of her top, the necklace, light and her ........
Here's a tear sheet from the shoot, again some harsh light to be shooting in as it was 2-3pm but I'm relatively happy for the most part

6281949244_3da1e2f32c_z.jpg

Tobe25

Likes Bikes
Has anyone on here bought from BHphoto? I've ordered off them while in Canada so I know they are amazing, though I haven't ordered from them while in Australia. My question is whether I'm likely to get hit with any random customs fees? The order is just a tripod and head under 1000 and even with the $70 shipping fee it works out quite a bit cheaper then buying in Australia.

Here's a couple shots as well.

One from Canada:

One from Australia:

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Has anyone on here bought from BHphoto? I've ordered off them while in Canada so I know they are amazing, though I haven't ordered from them while in Australia. My question is whether I'm likely to get hit with any random customs fees? The order is just a tripod and head under 1000 and even with the $70 shipping fee it works out quite a bit cheaper then buying in Australia.

Here's a couple shots as well.

One from Canada:

**snip**
One from Australia:
**snip**
Tobe, under a grand, customs wont even look at you.

Nice pics by the way!

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
tobe like alpha said you have no chance of customs worrying about anything under $1000, even if its more you can get away with it in most cases i know poeple who have imported up to 6k and havent been taxed

Demo Eight

Likes Bikes
As said before, if it's under $1000 ( product value only, postage doesn't count towards total value) you won't be taxed. I think even if the sender marks it as a gift and is over a $1000 you can be taxed also.

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
As said before, if it's under $1000 ( product value only, postage doesn't count towards total value) you won't be taxed. I think even if the sender marks it as a gift and is over a $1000 you can be taxed also.
yer you can be taxed, i personally have never been taxed for an item over 1k but i cant say wether it will happen to you