The Photo Snob Thread

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being going through a bit of a black and white phase lately. I think it can really take a photo that's boring in colour (usually due to boring colours) somewhere completely different.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Fuck you Tristan.
You know what, Callan? You say that again and I will ban you. Then i'll ban Ewan for posting crap photos that I don't understand. Then i'll ban the next person to post a flower. Then i'll put a password on this thread and only tell it to people who I decide are good enough.

Then I will have a nap.

And then I will ban anyone who is better than me. Okay? I don't have a superiority complex. The rest of the world does.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
You're just a stupid wedding photographer.

Couldn't make it as an advertising photographer.

The bottom of the bottom.

I <3 you

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HEY TRISTAN? I KNOW THIS DOESN'T HAVE A FLOWER, BUT IS THIS A BETTER PHOTO?

*ALL IMAGES USED WITHOUT PERMISSHUN

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
You're just a stupid wedding photographer.

Couldn't make it as an advertising photographer.

The bottom of the bottom.
Well I have 1400 Facebook fans and you only have 729 which is almost half of what I have. I could have more but I choose not to.

Ewan, thank you for making that vast improvement to your photo. I will allow it to stay in here as, even though your selective colouring ability is clearly shithouse, I don't get enjoyment out of telling people who are worse than me at photo-related-stuff that they are actually crap...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Facebook is for jerks and lesbians.

On a marginally more serious note though, does Facebook's image content licensing not bother any of you profeshinaals?

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Shot this gig on the weekend, would love to know what people thought!
I was pretty happy myself!
Here's a few, but you can find the rest of the set here
8084776000_46aa24e07d_z.jpg8089179736_f66cb89190_z.jpg

tu plang

knob
Also, Steve Aoki is part of the electronic music problem. He should retire like Swedish House Mafia and LMFAO. Cool shots though.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Looks pretty good there Jayden. I like the lighting, colours good, it's an action shot so we can see the intensity of the gig. Only downside, the main subject is too centred!

Cheers

Hux
Yeah I know he's smack bang in the middle, but I tried a crop with him slightly off centre and the fisheye distortion just didn't work well with it.

Also, got the chance to use a mates Sigma 10mm 2.8 at the gig.
Thought it was a great lens but is there anything else I should be looking at around that price range?

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at getting a video camera for mainly surf and some bike stuff.
Ive narrowed it down to:
Sony's new HD cam - http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/cam-action-cam
or the GoPro2 - http://gopro.com/hd-hero2-cameras/

Has anyone had any experience with either of these cameras, video quality/still image quality?
Im leaning towards the Gopro because of the vast aray of mounts available but the sony's quality looks pretty impressive.
Any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited: