The Photo Snob Thread

Tobe25

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys! I ended up putting an order through last week for a couple manfrotto light stands. They are supposed to be about 1kg each and quite compact so I'll wait and see how those go.
If they don't work out, I think I'll look into getting a couple of light tripods. I do like the extra height I get with stands though.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fucking mint Tobe. Especially that first one, that's proper poster material.

Here's a few from another overseas location:

cham-1.jpg

cham-2.jpg

cham-3.jpg

cham-4.jpg

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah chamonix. Pano one is from the top of aguille du midi, rest are from lac blanc. Place is bullshit cool. We got there just after the refuge closed up for the year so we could only do a day hike. But to be there in summer and be able to camp up at the lake, man that would be the bomb.

the king

Likes Bikes
I haven’t posted here in a while and I can see there have been some amazing photos. Tobe those are mint and Wombat I love them all especially the second.
Had some mad weather in Canberra and got my first lightning photo.

And a star trail but I should find a better location.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Wanted to buy......

Hi all,

If anyone is interested in parting with a 7d or 60d that's in excellent condition, let me know ASAP.
Also looking to get my hands on a 24 - 70 f2.8 or a 24 - 105 f4.

Message me if you have any of these you want to offload now and how much.

Cheers

Hux

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
Hey guys here are a few recent ones from Noosa! Turned out pretty good.

Noosa by Andrew Kevin Benson, on Flickr

Noosa Sunset by Andrew Kevin Benson, on Flickr

Sorry about the excessive photos in this one, haha just couldn't pick which were the best couple to show.

Anyway, constructive criticism welcome!

brindog

Likes Dirt
Nice set Andrew,
I like the last one the best because you can actually see the water movement, unlike the others with the longer exposure. Have you got a colour one of it?

Here's one I shot yesterday morning.

Touch & Go by Charles Brincat, on Flickr

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Feel free to be real snobbish on this one

Takon on a Canon IXUS 130 (el cheapo point and shoot) and I was mucking around with some macro settings etc.

That pink tongue is cheap and tacky rihgt?

[Question: When it says metering mode - Center Weighted Average. What does it mean?]

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
[Question: When it says metering mode - Center Weighted Average. What does it mean?]
Freakin' love all those sweet modes in my IXUS.

Metering refers to your camera’s light meter- this ‘reads’ the lighting conditions in the scene before you and determines the most appropriate exposure settings.

You can usually select how the camera meters the scene, be it an evaluation of the entire frame (Evaluative/Matrix Metering), part of the frame (Center-weighted) or a specific point (Spot/Center Point) within the frame. The latter two modes are very useful when judging exposure in varied light conditions (say when you wish to exposure a subject that is backlit).

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
Nice set Andrew,
I like the last one the best because you can actually see the water movement, unlike the others with the longer exposure. Have you got a colour one of it?

Here's one I shot yesterday morning.

Touch & Go by Charles Brincat, on Flickr
Thanks man, yeah I have a colour one but the colours just seemed a bit dull and black and white gave it a bit more.
Great photo by the way!

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
In the last few months I haven't been very busy in the area of photog, I've dropped my 7D in water and had it fry itself or what I thought it did! Left it for a few weeks in a pot filled with rice, and whadda' you know, it's working again!

But recently, I set up a page for my photog via tumblr, and just wondering if you guys like it?

Link here - http://hajosphotos.tumblr.com/

It's for 2013 and beyond I suppose, and has some of my latest photos (only 4 so far) and would love some critique!

Also, have some gear up for sale!

Canon 135mm L F/2 - In superb condition, super sharp and fast! moving on to a 70-200mm F/2.8 for some versatility - $850

and also,

Canon 580EX II Flash w/ 4 x 2500maH rechargeable batteries and charger, only recharged about 7 times in total since new. - $350

@Tobe25 those 2 shots are amazing! I seriously love the tones and contrast you have going on here! I love to shoot with foreground, but I've found a lot of people don't appreciate it as much as myself.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Feel free to be real snobbish on this one

Takon on a Canon IXUS 130 (el cheapo point and shoot) and I was mucking around with some macro settings etc.

That pink tongue is cheap and tacky rihgt?

I love this pic, hahaha!

Red dog, site and pics look really nice...keep it up!

Hi Snobs,

I need to off load some old gear as it just sits around collecting dust.
I wanted to try here first before I do other photo site or ebay, I have a few item that I'm either keen to sell or trade(depending on what you offer)

Manfrotto 190DB tripod. $100
Manfrotto 804RC2. $40
Canon ST-E2 transmitter. $180
Kenko extension tubes AFs 12, 20, 36mm. $100

If anyone would like photos of either product let me know and I'll post you some.
we can work the rest out later if interested.

S.