The Photo Snob Thread

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
It is definately an issue with the Sandisk cards as people using the Samsung Pro were not having the same issues.
While your problem was fixed with the firmware update, all GoPro did was to automatically lower the data rate from 45Mbps to 35Mbps for the Sandisk cards (and others that were no supported). Record some footage and then view the file properties, it will probably say 35Mbps if you are using Sandisk cards. If so, you're not getting the full capability of the camera.

With my Hero3+ Black and a Samsung Pro card I get 45Mbps.
Cool, I'll take a look. If this is the case, might have to invest in some Samsung cards.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Can anyone suggest a decent stable tripod and good backpack i can store my camera, stuff and a laptop in?

regards

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Can anyone suggest a decent stable tripod and good backpack i can store my camera, stuff and a laptop in?

regards
While most here will rave about the F-Stopper bags, I use the Dekine. Freakin awesome and don't cost as much as the F-Stopper or Crumpler.

Tripods - look at Manfrotto or Vanguard.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Here's one of my first shots from my new 7D, only a beginner still got a long way to go. Do like the shot though.

bird.jpg

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
While most here will rave about the F-Stopper bags, I use the Dekine. Freakin awesome and don't cost as much as the F-Stopper or Crumpler.

Tripods - look at Manfrotto or Vanguard.
Those Dakine packs look really good, which one are you using man?

I'd hate to be one of those guys, but, I've got to put my hand up for F-Stop bags, but as Hux said, they're poisonously expensive. It depends on what kind of shooting you do, I bought a Guru for general shooting and a Satori for the trail. What I love is I can just pull the ICU out of the guru and whack it straight into the Satori (assuming you don't need to swap gear out depending on the shoot). They really are well thought out bags.

There's one thing I don't like about them though, and it's more me than anything else, is that I don't like leaving the ICU unzipped in the bag, and unzipping it while in the bag is a pain. I'm just not a fan of the thought of putting dirty or wet clothing etc in a bag with the ICU open (although it's fairy well protected, I like keeping the ICU as 'sterile' as possible). The only way I can see past it is to use stuff sacks for everything and make sure they're clean to put in the bag.

Have a look at Thinktank bags also, really good stuff.

I've got 3 tripods. A Sirui, Induro, and Gitzo, and I rate all 3 of them. If I had to do it all again, i'd say Gitzo are too expensive (as good as they are), there are plenty of other solid brands out there that cost a lot less. As Hux said, Manfrotto and Vanguard make some really solid stuff, definitely worth a look.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Alright ya'll snobbers, long time no post. Basically my 7d won't recognize ANY battery I put in it and will run dead in about 5 mins on a full charge. After consulting Google it appears that this is a common problem, and short of putting the camera in a freezer for 5 minutes there don't seem to be any DIY fixes. First up has anyone encountered this issue and were there alternative methods to fix the issue? Second of all, where is the best place to get the Camera serviced/repaired in the Wollongong/Sydney area? There seems to be a plethora of repairers, but none seem amazing. Am I best off sending it to Melbourne for repair by Canon? Thanks in advance!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Nikon F3 SLR

Hi Snobbers,

I recently acquired a Nikon F3 SLR, I believe it's in working order and comes with a motor drive. It has something attached to the back at was used to connect it to a computer/medical camera which I'm not sure is required. (See pics)
Anyone have the ability to test this camera for me? Anyone interested in it? If so, make me an offer before I chuck in on eBay!

Cheers

Hux
NikonF3_Front.jpg
NikonF3_Rear.jpg