The Photo Snob Thread

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I totally forgot this was a snob thread.

Here is my new camera! :)

10447599_10152572808712193_5962863751440707096_n.jpg

In other news, just preordered a Sigma 50mm Art lens.

Woop.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I totally forgot this was a snob thread.

Here is my new camera! :)
**snip**

In other news, just preordered a Sigma 50mm Art lens.

Woop.
It's not new news, I saw it on Instagram yesterday!:whistle:

What were you using before and why the change?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
It's not new news, I saw it on Instagram yesterday!:whistle:

What were you using before and why the change?
I'm assuming you're referring to the 50mm?

I'm using the older Sigma 50 1.4. It's a great lens and very sharp, but it's not even half as good as the new Sigma. I'm happy (enough) with the optics of my current 50, but the auto focus is probably the worst I have ever used on any lens. Ever. I'm sick of using live view to focus!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'm assuming you're referring to the 50mm?

I'm using the older Sigma 50 1.4. It's a great lens and very sharp, but it's not even half as good as the new Sigma. I'm happy (enough) with the optics of my current 50, but the auto focus is probably the worst I have ever used on any lens. Ever. I'm sick of using live view to focus!
Actually I was talking about the Mamiya, but I was in the process of looking up the 50mm online. Thanks for the info.
What "body" were you using before the Mamiya, why the change to the Mamiya and I take it that's the LEAF Aptus on the back of yours? Can it shoot both film and digital depending in the back piece? Similar to the Hassey and Phase One?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Actually I was talking about the Mamiya, but I was in the process of looking up the 50mm online. Thanks for the info.
What "body" were you using before the Mamiya, why the change to the Mamiya and I take it that's the LEAF Aptus on the back of yours? Can it shoot both film and digital depending in the back piece? Similar to the Hassey and Phase One?
This is my first medium format camera. I've got a 5d3 and 5d2 for 'real' work, this is more for personal/fun/fashion. I've got 2 film backs.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Barely get time to use my dslr anymore, it's getting a tad old and in need of a good service, I'm still amazed at the progress in phone cameras and pretty happy with these results....

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Took a couple shots of my friend a few days ago. Im pretty happy with them, with the exception of the overexposed highlights. I learnt my lesson. First time doing a shoot like this.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is anyone here able to shed some light on intervalometers? I've been looking at this one for timelapses and whatnot but it isn't specified as to whether or not you can set it to take an infinite amount of shots. Currently life situation isn't allowing me to spend big bucks on more camera gear at the moment either, too many other expensive hobbies to split the pay check between!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Is anyone here able to shed some light on intervalometers? I've been looking at this one for timelapses and whatnot but it isn't specified as to whether or not you can set it to take an infinite amount of shots. Currently life situation isn't allowing me to spend big bucks on more camera gear at the moment either, too many other expensive hobbies to split the pay check between!
Yes that intervalometer will do the job just fine. I use similar ones for landscapes and timelapse and they have all worked fine. I do recommend buying two as the cords never seem to last me more than 6-12months before the wires break near the join of the main body. I guess at $18 per unit that I've been buying them off ebay they are kind of a throw away item anyway but they still do the job.
What program are you using to process your TL's and why do you need to shoot infinite shots per sequence if you don't mind me asking? I've found shooting 400 images per sequence which gives me @16.5 seconds of footage at 24fps works well when you combine multiple sequences together. Any longer and it just drags on in my opinion.

takai

Eats Squid
Some of those do and some don't. I have one which will only do 9999 and then it goes back to 1. But as per CraigS longer doesn't equal better. Mine tend to be 400-800 images per sequence.

As for dev I use LRTimelapse, Lightroom5, After Effects and Premiere.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the help guys!

I just don't really want to restrict myself to 399 exposures, although I can always alter the time between shots to get the desired effect, it's nice to have the options of being able to get 24fps smoothly with the option of ramping up or slowing down the end result without smaller movements looking choppy.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
The intervalometer for my little Canon G15 has an "indefinite" mode; set the interval and go.

Would have had change from a twenty as well. Sort by price on eBay.

I have a piece of velcro on the back and just stick it to the side of the tripod when it's doing its thing. You just have to make sure that when you remove it that you're not knocking/disrupting the image.