The QUICK question thread.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
If you had the option of a Hope hub or a half price I9 Hydra hub what would you go for?
i9 are very nice but look at the cost of their drivers vs Hope. If you ever plan to change from HG to microspline or XD it would be very pricey.

**never owned i9 just admired from afar while riding Hope

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If you had the option of a Hope hub or a half price I9 Hydra hub what would you go for?
Just tell me where to get the I9 hub from and I'll make it easier for you.

Realistically the Hydra is pretty much instantaneous. If you have a bike with a lot of anti-squat or relies a lot on chain tension like a vpp or dw-link you will get lots of pedal kickback. It would be magnificent on a four bar or high pivot idler system.

Ironically the ms drivers for I9 Torch hubs off Aliexpress are very cheap and they work ok. I haven't seen any for Hydras yet.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
i9 are very nice but look at the cost of their drivers vs Hope. If you ever plan to change from HG to microspline or XD it would be very pricey.

**never owned i9 just admired from afar while riding Hope
There’s a popular meme about that. I’d customise it, but I’m too lazy.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Some good points made above.
The price and availability of spare parts or even a driver scares me off.
It’s slated to go on a VPP bike so pedal kickback shouldn’t be an issue but there’s a good chance it will go on different bike. And I find my current 36 th ratchet on my current DT 350 hub quite sufficient so I’m not enticed by the instant engagement especially as I love technical climbing as much as I‘d love punching myself in the face.
And the noise is insane. Dunno if I could live with that. Hope is noisy but don’t mind the tone of it. Whereas the I9 really does sound like a swarm of pissed off hornets.
So leaning towards the Hope hub. But the I9 is soooooo pretty!