The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Haha, is that a Trek as well? the colour and rear axle/pivot looks a lot like the one the derailleur in question is on and I'm sure this is going to look like that soon!
Yes, 2015 Superfly 9.9 SL Project One, was my XC race bike until someone extracted it from me. I bought it off an ex Pro rider when it was less than a year old. Got ridden hard 20-21 by my son and seldom looked after for those 2 years, now looks like shit.

Suppose it was better he got good use out of it rather than it sitting here doing very little... and I used the loss of this bike to justify my Spur purchase.

Your friends bike is a 2015 Remedy 9 from the same year.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Got some obsolete spares in the shed that won't fetch much used so thinking to spruce up a beater bike that is 8 speed but needs new cogs and chain.

I have 11-34 9 spd cassette and a sora R3000 RD long cage. Looking to get a shifter but geezus everyone wants $180 for a sora R3000 thumb shifter set. Cheapest I could find is $80 from merlin for just the right shifter. Can I just use and altus or equivalent or do road thingys not play nice even at 9 speed?

Links to shifters that will work and cheap appreciated!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Got some obsolete spares in the shed that won't fetch much used so thinking to spruce up a beater bike that is 8 speed but needs new cogs and chain.

I have 11-34 9 spd cassette and a sora R3000 RD long cage. Looking to get a shifter but geezus everyone wants $180 for a sora R3000 thumb shifter set. Cheapest I could find is $80 from merlin for just the right shifter. Can I just use and altus or equivalent or do road thingys not play nice even at 9 speed?

I was going to try and explain my understanding of it, but this is far more succinct:

Flow-Rider

Burner

1666919702959.png

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Pulled apart the suspension after being driven mental by creaking on Saturday. All bolts needed a hammer to extract as they were in there dry and didn’t want to separate from the bearings.

Is grease rather than loctite the way to go for suspension bolts?