The QUICK question thread.....

Don't do that ^
1000004037.jpg

Thanks all. The frame is for sale at a good price. Seller has new one as warranty replacement. Damaged in transit. Just wonderind as I will by if it can be fixed.

Ahh... I wouldn't buy it unless it's like $100 and you are prepared to throw it in the bin if the repair doesn't work

I would go a bit more than $100, I reckon that could be bent out and smoothed off with a Dremel. Its a $1700 Chameleon frame and can be built up as a monstercross gravel bike which wouldn't be put under as much stress as a MTB.

Given the option, I would take the chance and buy that frame as is for probably $300 max. A black strip sticker would hide the damage to the paintwork.

Last edited:
To be honest even if that piece broke out there is plenty of support for the race. If it is 6000 series you can cold work it a little though it may be easier to just machine it true (if you have access etc) then epoxy the damage. I would happily do that and ride it.

built up as a monstercross gravel bike which wouldn't be put under as much stress as a MTB.
That was kind of my thought when I came across it. It wouldn't be for smashing down the mountain. I use to have one of the same vintage. Gravel riding, wheelie and manuals around the cul de sac. I have all the other bits here to build up a complete bike.. I already have a trail bike to wreck myself on.

Back