The QUICK question thread.....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Exactly. Just added up the kms, 1700 kms and 4 months since last replaced. It’s one particular pivot, maybe an alignment issue?
I’m completely over it
Post up some pics of the bearing. Is the seal failing and shit is getting in?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn’t take a pic when I opened it up last week but this is from the last time in June. Essentially looks the same, fully stuffed. Spacers are all intact.
IMG_2058.jpeg

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah that’s what I’ve been looking at, I think…
IMG_2145.png

Au Rocky distro isn’t interested.
I think I bought these from Pushys last time around.
Have I got it all wrong?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Any half-decent bearing shop should be able to provide you those, more than likely on the shelf. They don't need to be 'Enduro' brand, just a decent quality SKF/NTN/FAG bearing. Full complement bearing means they're stuffed with balls, not spread out in a cage which improves load handling so are what you want.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If it pivots smoothly and easily without the shock in place that will give you a good starting point. Then see if you can twist the triangles relative to one and other.

Bearings snug in frame?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it pivots smoothly and easily without the shock in place that will give you a good starting point. Then see if you can twist the triangles relative to one and other.

Bearings snug in frame?
I’m not tooled up to replace bearings myself, the shop I take it to I completely trust

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m not tooled up to replace bearings myself, the shop I take it to I completely trust
Have they offered any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

I have only had pivot bearing issues (on a pivot funnily enough) once on a second hand frame. The replacements solved the issue.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have they offered any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

I have only had pivot bearing issues (on a pivot funnily enough) once on a second hand frame. The replacements solved the issue.
They suggested what I wrote above. The bearings only measure 16x8x5, with the exception of the MP, and are mostly pressed in to raw carbon. Wouldn’t take much side loading to make a mess.
I think it’s just a poorly designed/ made frame, it’s certainly not as well made as my 2 previous bikes (I got 2 years out of the 5010s bearings).

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Japanese bearing co? I didn’t have much choice as I want to get riding again asap
Bearings ain't bearings unfortunately...
I was once in a similar pinch and bought Japanese "KSM" bearings for a wheel... Got 2 weeks out of them before they flogged out... The NTN that replaced them are still going years later.
The worst part is I knew they'd be shit and hated myself for buying them...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bearings ain't bearings unfortunately...
I was once in a similar pinch and bought Japanese "KSM" bearings for a wheel... Got 2 weeks out of them before they flogged out... The NTN that replaced them are still going years later.
The worst part is I knew they'd be shit and hated myself for buying them...
You really know how to cheer a guy up.

I really am over this nonsense. It should be nbd