The QUICK question thread.....

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You know tomorrow i'm going to put salt in my coffee... And then totally regret it :cool:
Don't do it, it's fucking revolting! (as I found out in a Fuckwit Confession way...... :rolleyes: ) A year or two ago when knocking up dinner one night I boiled up a pot of water to cook some pasta. Pasta had gone a bit manky so I turfed it & parked the pot of water for another use. Next morning I go to make my wake-up coffee. My not-morning-functional brain says rather than send it to waste we'll reboil that pot of water from the previous night. Not-morning-functional brain had forgotten that said pot of water was salted for the pasta I didn't cook......!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
One of my colleagues here tonight is from Vietnam. He advises there is a method for treating coffee beans with salt prior to or during roasting that delivers an amazing result.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is going to be plenty of these! But to kick off my brave new world questions:

Can I run a shimano saint crank with SRAM gx/nx 12 speed drive?

73mm bottom bracket and 148x12 rear hub.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There is going to be plenty of these! But to kick off my brave new world questions:

Can I run a shimano saint crank with SRAM gx/nx 12 speed drive?

73mm bottom bracket and 148x12 rear hub.
Probably need something like this @pink poodle (just note there is some different variants depending on what chain you're running...):

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Anyone have any experience with Canfield Balance Formula suspension they would like to share?
I was really impressed with it on the Revel Rail I reviewed on here.

When Canfield have their sales the prices are often pretty tempting.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone have any experience with Canfield Balance Formula suspension they would like to share?
Yep it’s very much a magic carpet ride. Kind of sits halfway between Horst link and DW-link for most metrics. Tends to eat bumps well without being too compliant.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I had a Canfield a long time ago, and it was a balance! But it was when that was their slope style bike...

I found their suspension platform (which is still similar) was awesome. I really enjoyed the bike. It was snappy for jumping, cornered well, kept traction in the rough, and was supple on square edged bumps.

Just remember you're on big wheels now, smaller front ring to compensate lol.
I'm hoping to grow some leg muscles out of this new leverage dimension! I'm sick of these bin chicken legs.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Is it worth buying a SRAM Chaingap Tool for the rear derailleur? Is it something that needs adjusting from time to time?