The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
Probably a stupid rather than a quick question but is it the general consensus that 99.999% of the chains for sale on Ali or Ebay are fakes? if so where else sells reasonably priced ones (10-11sp) apart from ze germans?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Probably a stupid rather than a quick question but is it the general consensus that 99.999% of the chains for sale on Ali or Ebay are fakes? if so where else sells reasonably priced ones (10-11sp) apart from ze germans?
Pyc are good value for money (when on special and in stock)

I've got one on my hardtail and it's going well.

Edit: I was wrong. It's on my dual sus. I checked it last week with a chain checker and it's still reading "new chain" at 0.25

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ram cycle components. There are a few Taiwanese sellers on eBay who are good too.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Anyone had an issue with a TranzX dropper? My son's is acting like a suspension post. It'll drop and stay put etc as per normal, but with extra effort (i.e. me sitting on it) it'll act like a suspension post i.e. it'll give and return to the same point it was set, you could probably market it as a feature not a bug, but I found it disconcerting, and the lads says it's a bit off putting. Pulled it apart and gave it a service and nothing looked amiss, but the issue remained after reassembly. Looks like it has a bit of a bend in it anyway so will prob look for a replacement, but if I can fix it that'd be good.

slowmick

38-39"
Anyone had an issue with a TranzX dropper? My son's is acting like a suspension post. It'll drop and stay put etc as per normal, but with extra effort (i.e. me sitting on it) it'll act like a suspension post i.e. it'll give and return to the same point it was set, you could probably market it as a feature not a bug, but I found it disconcerting, and the lads says it's a bit off putting. Pulled it apart and gave it a service and nothing looked amiss, but the issue remained after reassembly. Looks like it has a bit of a bend in it anyway so will prob look for a replacement, but if I can fix it that'd be good.
Any chance the collar is slightly too tight and with an extra bit of weight it is able to push past the mechanism. As a lover of pies I find there is a fine line between post not slipping and post not working.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Any chance the collar is slightly too tight
Nope - I even tried it out of the bike and pressing down on the post whilst the seat was on the ground. So no cable (i.e. mechanism unimpeded) and the rest was only really finger tight and it still had some bounce. When you do actuate the mechanism the post runs pretty smooth and with little resistance (well sticks a bit when fully down, but as mentioned there is a bit of a bend in the post).

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Sounds like the cartridge might need replacing.
If it's the sort of dropper that has a valve for putting much PSI in, you could check it has enough PSI in there.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Nope - I even tried it out of the bike and pressing down on the post whilst the seat was on the ground. So no cable (i.e. mechanism unimpeded) and the rest was only really finger tight and it still had some bounce. When you do actuate the mechanism the post runs pretty smooth and with little resistance (well sticks a bit when fully down, but as mentioned there is a bit of a bend in the post).
Possibly the cartridge has had it. CRC not shipping internationally so not sure where you get one. New post likely easier.

EDIT @Labcanary beat me to it