The QUICK question thread.....

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Anyone know if a Magicshine 8.4v charger will work on a Cleanskin Duo 2200 battery? Or even better have a link to an AliExpress charger that will work?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
i have Magicshine charger, number GM-084180.
8.4V, 1.8amp (probably enough oomphs)
black tip plug appears to be 5.5mm OD,
centrepin probably 2.1mm (a 2mm drill bit fits good)

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Why the fuck do Fox list the 700x2.8 spring as the correct spring for a 205x60/62.5/65 trunnion shock when it clearly fucking doesn't fit?
Screenshot_20240411-131921.png

Looks like I am going to have to buy a 700x2.55 spring. Chunts. 2 spring purchases and baven't even got to test whether 700 is the right rate or not.

slowmick

38-39"
Why the fuck do Fox list the 700x2.8 spring as the correct spring for a 205x60/62.5/65 trunnion shock when it clearly fucking doesn't fit?
Looks like I am going to have to buy a 700x2.55 spring. Chunts. 2 spring purchases and baven't even got to test whether 700 is the right rate or not.
Yes, the tables for the springs suck.
What stroke are you using? When I was looking for a spring it seemed I needed to go to the SLS springs or pick another brand to get a 65mm spring over 600 lb between 127 and 152mm long. It went in the too hard basket.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yes, the tables for the springs suck.
What stroke are you using? When I was looking for a spring it seemed I needed to go to the SLS springs or pick another brand to get a 65mm spring over 600 lb between 127 and 152mm long. It went in the too hard basket.
60mm, but probably going to cut the travel spacer off so 65mm

Jpez

Down on the left!
I just changed my inner cable for my gears. Sram Xo1. All of a sudden it’s taking a lot of thumb pressure to get into the last two lowest gears. The outer is only a few months old, there are no kinks in the cable, no binding I can see, not over clamped on the frame guides and I’ve checked it’s seated properly in the shifter etc. but it persists.
what am I missing?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I just changed my inner cable for my gears. Sram Xo1. All of a sudden it’s taking a lot of thumb pressure to get into the last two lowest gears. The outer is only a few months old, there are no kinks in the cable, no binding I can see, not over clamped on the frame guides and I’ve checked it’s seated properly in the shifter etc. but it persists.
what am I missing?
Did the little noggin thing on the end of the cable fully drop into receptacle (technical term, lol) in the shifter? I've ballsed that up on Shimano shifters a once with similar result.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@fji havent delved into coil for a long while, but for a period fox were running longer stroke springs on their shocks. For me this was in the 2.75 to 3 inch stroke shocks on dh and fr bikes. My intense 951 (frame...because it's a pule of parts still) runs a 3 inch stroke but came with a 3.25 stroke spring. Some know it all in a shop explained it all too me ages ago and I can't really remember why etc. Perhaps fox are still doing something like this?

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Is 30mm internal rims too much for gravels? Bike (knolly Cache) takes 50mm tyres and standard build is with DT swiss gr something or other @25mm internal.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Is 30mm internal rims too much for gravels? Bike (knolly Cache) takes 50mm tyres and standard build is with DT swiss gr something or other @25mm internal.
Really depends on the frame and forks. I think the new BMC endurance road bike is capable of swallowing 45mm tyres.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did the little noggin thing on the end of the cable fully drop into receptacle (technical term, lol) in the shifter? I've ballsed that up on Shimano shifters a once with similar result.
Yep. Ive had the cable in and out twice. So pretty sure the doodad was seated properly. It’s definitely binding somewhere as I just went for a ride and it was shifting horribly. I’ll just fit a brand new inner and outer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you confident all the strands of the old inner came out of the outer and all of the strands of the new inner came through the outer? And you have correct routing of the cable through the derailleur?

I have has a couple of strands from the inner get unwound and jam inside the outer before, and I have definitely not correctly routed cable through a derailleur once or thrice.

Oh and...is the cable firmly secured to the derailleur? That's another favourite of mine. A lift turn of the hex key to position the cable while I fidget and then forget to finish the job properly...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Are you confident all the strands of the old inner came out of the outer and all of the strands of the new inner came through the outer? And you have correct routing of the cable through the derailleur?

I have has a couple of strands from the inner get unwound and jam inside the outer before, and I have definitely not correctly routed cable through a derailleur once or thrice.

Oh and...is the cable firmly secured to the derailleur? That's another favourite of mine. A lift turn of the hex key to position the cable while I fidget and then forget to finish the job properly...
Could be something like that as I’m positive it’s routed and fitted correctly. Ive checked it over fully twice. Just going to start with fresh inner and outer.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Roval do a 30mm internal gravel rim now. Spoke to a couple of bikepackers doing the Mawson in Melrose last week, I was Wow... they are fat rims, hes like nah, they are Roval gravel wheels.

A quick BuBu could find out the ideal tyre size.