The QUICK question thread.....

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
One of my friends has 2 ovens/stoves. She says it is very handy for family events. It makes for an odd look in the kitchen.

This thing of yours looks awesome. With that enamel cream colour are you concerned about staining from the fire?
It cleans off easy enough. When we commissioned it there was a fair bit of grime, and oils that make their way out of the metal. Above the firedoor went black but a bit of fire glass cleaner on a rag and it wiped clean. I thought it was going to be a mission to get it back to showroom shine but took about 2-3 minutes to complete the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hazard, ext, fast, motion ride vs mara. Which one is the go? Going on linkage Driven SP with relatively progressive linkage. Needs to climb, good range of rebound.

moorey

call me Mia
My mate is looking at a bike on CRC. They add the GST, but is there still any duty in Australia for items over $1000?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate is looking at a bike on CRC. They add the GST, but is there still any duty in Australia for items over $1000?
"Australian GST has been applied to all items, including those over AUD1,000, in your order and Australian duty, if applicable, is also included. "

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hazard, ext, fast, motion ride vs mara. Which one is the go? Going on linkage Driven SP with relatively progressive linkage. Needs to climb, good range of rebound.
Ext Storia Lok has bottom out control, climb switch and local support.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Rear shock and fork are on their way back from NSD. Had a look at the bike tonight and though the frame could do with a clean and grease around the pivots. Should i clean out and reapply the loctite if i pull apart the suspension to give it a spring clean? it hasn't been apart yet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rear shock and fork are on their way back from NSD. Had a look at the bike tonight and though the frame could do with a clean and grease around the pivots. Should i clean out and reapply the loctite if i pull apart the suspension to give it a spring clean? it hasn't been apart yet.
Loctite...if you truely believe you need it, and then only before you grease. I've pulled out a few suspension pivot bolts in my time but can only remember one that needed Loctite to hold it together.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a quick question of my own. I have a stainless steel stove. It was in seemingly good shape until recently developing a bunch of surface rust spots. I can scrub these off but they return fairly swiftly. I live close to salt water which may play a role? Anyhow does anyone have a suggestion for a more permanent rust free solution, that isn't a new stove? I have not yet tried to solve this by putting a bike on it.

Oddjob

I have a quick question of my own. I have a stainless steel stove. It was in seemingly good shape until recently developing a bunch of surface rust spots. I can scrub these off but they return fairly swiftly. I live close to salt water which may play a role? Anyhow does anyone have a suggestion for a more permanent rust free solution, that isn't a new stove? I have not yet tried to solve this by putting a bike on it.
Scrub then rub down with Lanotec heavy duty. Will smell funny for the first couple of days but will essentially create a barrier for a very long time.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Scrub then rub down with Lanotec heavy duty. Will smell funny for the first couple of days but will essentially create a barrier for a very long time.

Is that good for outdoor use as well? And when you say scrub, what's best?

Last edited:

Oddjob

Is that good for outdoor use as well? And when you say scrub, what's best?
Great for outdoor use. Depends on level of rust. If its only light just use a dish scourer. Heavier use steel wool.