The QUICK question thread.....

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banshee Enigma Anyone on the RB forum had any experience with this bike? Good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks in advance

safreek

Well hello all. Just curious if neezy still exist. Seem to have some cheap fifth element shocks but can't get the things to come up for an order. Thank you

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But 5th E's for 250 would be nice. I did read the old thread though. Cheers for input
When he was a going concern I purchased 2 bikes from him. The first took ages and I had to nag him incessantly. For the second I had to get the authorities on him after months and months of "it's coming". Then he sent me a fucking demo bike and dogged me for more time. Eventually the bike came, it didn't match the spec (it was still pretty boss) and I couldn't be fucked arguing anymore, and then I was stuck with the demo (I never got it out of the box) for about a year. He comes across like a nice guy and will sell you the world, but I just wouldn't risk it.

safreek

Ok, I fucked up and bought a boost 20mm hub. Total fuckhead but got cought up in the rush.
If they let me swap what is a normal size 15mm hub, 110 or 100. I'm after non boost.
Thanks you

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, I fucked up and bought a boost 20mm hub. Total fuckhead but got cought up in the rush.
If they let me swap what is a normal size 15mm hub, 110 or 100. I'm after non boost.
Thanks you
Depends. There’s 110x20 boost and standard 110x20.
The same hub runs both 100x15 and 110x20 depending on the adapters in the case of Hope.
110x15 is boost, as is a version of 110x20 (which is a stupid new DH standard that is stupid)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hey man, just bought the one in the photo attached.
The link I have whacked at the bottom is where I ordered from, just said 20x110mm but it dawned on me being a modern hub it is probably boost.
View attachment 401567

Ambiguous listing is ambiguous. And WTF is 100x20mm? When did 110mm QR become a thing? Is this a new standard to be used in conjunction with boost 141mm QR?
As @moorey said, put it back on them. They need to be clear with boost vs non boost options for 20mm.

Screenshot_20230803-210829.png

safreek

Ambiguous listing is ambiguous. And WTF is 100x20mm? When did 110mm QR become a thing? Is this a new standard to be used in conjunction with boost 141mm QR?
As @moorey said, put it back on them. They need to be clear with boost vs non boost options for 20mm.

View attachment 401570
To start with I thought I must have missed the boost bit in excitement but on rereading there is no mention

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well by God we are a safety suck country. I'd love someone to shoot marshies into my mouth.
The one I posted up was going to be a fun way to scare the crows away.
But yes, I am planning a compound bow, just not sure if I should spend proper money or buy a 2 hundred dollar cheapie, I lose interest in things very quickly
1.Best to go to an archery shop and buy a 2nd hand bow. A decent shop will work out whether you shoot RH or LH based on eye dominance, and set up your draw length and sell you appropriate weight and stiffness & length of arrows to match your bow's peak draw weight.
or
2. you could by some cheapo shit that you will get bored of quickly.