The "Rant" Thread - Get It Off Your Chest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if i stand in line for ten minutes at a kfc shop, and the douche in front of me stands there for ten minutes and THEN looks the the menu to decide what he wants to eat, i should be allowed to kill him.

there should be new job laws. you get the dole for 6 months, after that you don't. if you receive more than X number of criminal convictions (i.e 12) you get the electric chair.

any suburb with an unemployment rate above 10% should be nuked.

wearing your best holden gear to court to defend yourself should be an automatic conviction.

anybody wearing the brands dada, wu-tang, fubu or motorcross jerseys in public with jeans should be shot on sight.

there should be no baby bonus, just some maternity leave for working mothers/fathers.

i should be allowed to drive a v8, silver landcruiser with ak-47's on the passenger seat, to ram any people i deem fuckwits on the road, and to then mow them down with the AK if they survive.

all reality tv shows should be banned, and talk of them akin to blasphemy and punishable by death. get your own life.

uni courses, if studying say, law for example, shouldn't start off with 87.5% of your first year having absolutely NOTHING to do with law whatsoever. don't waste our time/make courses longer so you can slug us with more years worth of fees.

all speed limits should be raised by 50%. if you're dumb enough to get on the road & be hit by a car, then the person in the car is actually doing us all a favour by removing you from the gene pool.

international relations should not be diplomatic, bureaucratic, politically correct bullshit. put some straight-shooters in the place of our democrats.

there should be wind farms/solar panels everywhere, and turbines in all the rivers.

buying macintosh computers is fine, however by law you must be required to shut up about how much money you wasted on a fashion accessory if people asked.

any teenage girl that thinks her life is hard should be flown over to africa and left there for a week.

women should not be given management positions, they're all cranky bitches on power trips that can't handle their ego being bruised.

men are better than women, period. [only a little;)]

new zealand should be an australian state.

australia should be a republic.

schools should not assess your ability to write a fucking essay, seriously. if you know your shit, you know your shit. right is right, as long as you understand whats being told to you (and its right) then that is all that is necessary. i shouldn't have to be writing essays with the literal instruction to write it like i'm talking to a high school graduate, for fuck sake, the letter of demand is going to be read by their LAWYER, so it can be in LAWYERS TERMS, not "dodgy plumbers" language.
You sir, are so right. I agree with all of that except maybe the bolds. :)

[rant]
Why do people have to be so damn uptight about spelling on the forums? so someone didnt spell derailleur right? who cares, its still obvious what they're trying to say! And if you have to correct them, at least make a contribution to the thread!

[example]
OP: my deralliuer gears are slow, and hard to shift
RE: maybe try adjusting the High/Low screws? if not take it to your lbs for a service
By the way, its derailleur ;)
[/example]

how f#cking hard is it?
[/rant]

Last edited:

Binaural

Eats Squid

[rant]
Why do people have to be so damn uptight about spelling on the forums? so someone didnt spell derailleur right? who cares, its still obvious what they're trying to say! And if you have to correct them, at least make a contribution to the thread!

[example]
OP: my deralliuer gears are slow, and hard to shift
RE: maybe try adjusting the High/Low screws? if not take it to your lbs for a service
By the way, its derailleur ;)
[/example]

how f#cking hard is it?
[/rant]
Ironically, your example was from someone contributing to the thread. If spelling mistakes help prompt people to make a useful post, why get pissed off about it? Regarding good spelling in general, who cares - your teachers, your lecturers, your bosses for most professional level jobs etc, so a bit of a gentle prompt here and there can't hurt (I don't agree with major flaming though, except for posts that are illegible).

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1.Ironically, your example was from someone contributing to the thread. 2.If spelling mistakes help prompt people to make a useful post, why get pissed off about it? 3.Regarding good spelling in general, who cares - your teachers, your lecturers, your bosses for most professional level jobs etc, so a bit of a gentle prompt here and there can't hurt (I don't agree with major flaming though, except for posts that are illegible).
Referance by numbers..
1.That's what I mean, I was setting an example... ;)
2.Im not pissed off about qeople correcting msn/txt language use, just the words that only a fanatic, of perfectionist would know (in general).
3.True.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you agree with?

all speed limits should be raised by 50%. if you're dumb enough to get on the road & be hit by a car, then the person in the car is actually doing us all a favour by removing you from the gene pool.
women should not be given management positions, they're all cranky bitches on power trips that can't handle their ego being bruised.

men are better than women, period.
[cough]wanker[/cough]:rolleyes:

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
[rant] why the hell do i always get flamed? every bloody thread i make some douche has to make a stupid unwanted comment? IS IT BECAUSE IM FAT! [rant]

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, it's because your posting is a pain to read and you display a general lack of maturity.

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
thats not very nice:( that stuff hurts my feelings you no i sometimes cry and eat doughnuts in my room alone in the dark to get rid of the pain:(

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[rant] why the hell do i always get flamed? every bloody thread i make some douche has to make a stupid unwanted comment? IS IT BECAUSE IM FAT! [rant]
It's entirely possible you come across as a bit of a knob?

No I haven't actually read any of your threads... just putting forward a suggestion

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
No, it's because your posting is a pain to read and you display a general lack of maturity.

how is it hard to read? just because i dont put commas and full stops?

im not as advanced in this stuff ok i try my best atleast i make an attempt to spell correctly

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how is it hard to read? just because i dont put commas and full stops?

im not as advanced in this stuff ok i try my best atleast i make an attempt to spell correctly
Do you really go about your general business during the day writing with no capitalisation or punctuation? Not having a go, just curious.

And as for getting upset about people making fun of your spelling/punctuation... it's not going to stop outside of the forums... eg we had an admin guy in my office for a short period of time who's spelling was shithouse. The emails he used to send around the office became the subject of much humour.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Way too far
What could you possibly have against someone who is gay? (also i'm not myself)
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with gay people and I don't get what there is to have against them. The ones I know are some of the nicest people I know and there feminism is funny as f*ck.

matt h should be illegal.

expressing views should be fine. feel free to disagree. ;)
Some of you original posts were good. But you have taken it way to far.

Trolls should be banned.

Oh... would you look at that.
Hahaha

Ok so it is my turn for a rant this time.

1. Hipocrital rules regarding cars. Like the fact that you aren't allowed to put gauges on your a-pillar or on top of your dash. FPV's come stock with gauges on the dash for f*cks sake. Also the reasoning behind it. You could get serious head injuries. I will high 5 anyone who hits there head on the a-pillar before the steering wheel in a car crash.

2. Having nearly every modification to your car being illegal.

3. SA people being allowed to get ther p's at 16 and 6 months and being allowed to drive any car that they want. F*ckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

4. VL's and the people that drive them. Like seriously. Wow you got the flutterz, congratulations it is still a VL and you are still going nowhere in life.

5. This is slightly hipocritical because you people may think the same about real imports but massive body kits on bloody civic's and excels. FFS they are ghey.

6. Homophobes

7. Bloody tri-hard wanna be gang*'s. You are without a doubt the gayest cunse out there. I hope all of you OD.

8. Those BMX's that picked a fight with the fire fighters you are a bunch of wankers. I hope that you all die in house fires.

End Rant.

Side note: What the fark does Bigot mean?

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
Do you really go about your general business during the day writing with no capitalisation or punctuation? Not having a go, just curious.

And as for getting upset about people making fun of your spelling/punctuation... it's not going to stop outside of the forums... eg we had an admin guy in my office for a short period of time who's spelling was shithouse. The emails he used to send around the office became the subject of much humour.

i was joking about me crying and what not.
but seriously atleast you can read what i write most of the times unlike some other's i give my typing skills a go

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was joking about me crying and what not.
but seriously atleast you can read what i write most of the times unlike some other's i give my typing skills a go
I know, so why not just complete the package by starting each sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a full stop...

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about we all leave mrcurlyhead alone. He does make a moderate effort and there might have been a stage where we all wrote illegibly. I know I did and I haven't started writing properly since someone told me how hard it is to read.

Mrcurlyhead. Just use capitals and it will make it so much easier to read.

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
3. SA people being allowed to get ther p's at 16 and 6 months and being allowed to drive any car that they want. F*ckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
It's so they crash sooner. One less inbred in this country the better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.