The Saga: Final Chapter....

wombat

Lives in a hole
Hehe, I know this has been going on for a while, but this is the last one, I promise!

Here's the guard:

and here's the rest of the bike...

complete with 8 speed LX gear. Shimano can stick that 9 speed crap!

Here's a tip too: if you tyre black your tyres for a photo or something, take it easy until the stuff wears off, otherwise you're liable to end up sliding along the concrete outside the shop on your side, leaving a nice pedal gouge in the concrete and almost breaking your boss's ankle.....

CHEWY

Eats Squid
pics worked for me

wombat said:
Here's a tip too: if you tyre black your tyres for a photo or something, take it easy until the stuff wears off, otherwise you're liable to end up sliding along the concrete outside the shop on your side, leaving a nice pedal gouge in the concrete and almost breaking your boss's ankle.....

hehe thats a classic, nice bike too, thats the one AMB did a review on a while back...

wombat

Lives in a hole
CHEWY said:
thats the one AMB did a review on a while back...
Well actually, that is THE bike that AMB did the review on. It was the last one left and I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse so when they were done with it I got it. I'm going to be looking for a shorter (height) frame soon though, this one is a monster.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
wombat said:
CHEWY said:
thats the one AMB did a review on a while back...
Well actually, that is THE bike that AMB did the review on. It was the last one left and I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse so when they were done with it I got it. I'm going to be looking for a shorter (height) frame soon though, this one is a monster.
like THE actual bike used in the AMB test... thats pretty cool :shock:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, the actual one. I was looking for a bike at the time, and after they've been used for a test or demo or whatever, they can only be sold as a "demonstrator model". Our rep told me it was up for grabs and I said I'd take it. It was essentially brand new except the brakes were already bedded in, as were the forks, and the spokes had been setttled and retensionsed, which was great because it saved me some work.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Scottie, I got the guard off Adam on here, it's made of polycarbonate, similar to the Evil/e.thirteen ones.

As for the frame design, I reckon it's 99% gimmick. It might be a bit stiffer or something, but really I just think it was to make it look different, I really prefer the new escape frames...especially something that isn't so damn big! Anybody trying to offload a frame?

Cruz

Likes Dirt
MMM, Haro. Really nice bike wombat. That frame is supposed to be super stiff and with good standover. Read somewhere that Mike King had a fair bit to do with it's design and he certainly rode that frame for awhile.

Ex haro owner.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah it is pretty good with standover, problem is I'm riding a large (read huuuuuuge!) and it's the fact that the seat is always too high that's a prob.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
That's the biggest seat I have ever seen. Get a Belair or Berzerker and it looks like you would get another 2 inches.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Hahaha, it's a BMX DJ seat. I was running a WTB speed V which sat almost an inch lower, partly because it was so bent....That's the reason I changed to this one. I wanted something with beefy rails, but the catch is that all of them sit about this high. I'll deal with it......(by getting another frame!)