• Yes

Votes: 287 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Hey can anyone confirm or has heard if Sam is racing nationals at the you yangs?

Or is he back on the worlds.. god damn i hear so many storys..

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
if you want a drink that taste like cat piss, and leaves you with the shakes and stomach cramps after you drink it, then monster is the drink for you....
I've heard it's really good but after the energy wears off you feel real crap

Sgt. Tangent

Likes Bikes
He also has broken mach 45932, killed the desert whilst having a staring contest with medusa, he will invent the teleporter and other cool things too. He told me.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Champery 2007 is still very stuck in my mind. Anyone else think his "I didn't think it was an amazing run" was pure skills.

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
NNNNNNNNIIIIIIICCCEEEE pics. what an incredible sight. How did the top of his seat get like that?? Lets dicuss how the mud caked on his bike and why/how and why/how not it was/could have gotten there.

Lets!

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well he did crash for one.... two which is much more likely, look how far back SH leans right out over his rear wheel..... with the speeds he goes....mud must just rebound up off his pants back onto the seat with momentum as a factor in that equation somewhere.Mud to butt to seat..?

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
yeah the crash could explain it.. and i dont know the track at all so it could be a mud wash thing.. (madeup its not real) for all i know.

But what i do know is that he shreds. Period. Period. Period.

slowmtb

Likes Bikes
NNNNNNNNIIIIIIICCCEEEE pics. what an incredible sight. How did the top of his seat get like that?? Lets dicuss how the mud caked on his bike and why/how and why/how not it was/could have gotten there.

Lets!
Its not mud, its pooze ( that track will do that to mere mortals ) :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be on our bikes seats because we would have sat down and had a rest on the way down ;)

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
I still think that 2005 was pretty impressive for Sam, 8 second win at schladming (his first world cup win) even though he had to go in the rain, absolutely mental. The next world cup was at Pila in Italy, it was raining again, and he won by 4 or 6 seconds, another massive win. Then he gets a broken elbow i think it was, and recovers for world champs to come 2nd place, fabien only beat him by less than a second i think it was. And even though he missed out on a few world cups, he still managed to get 2nd overall in the world cup overall.

And he did all that at the ripe old age of 20, pretty crazy stuff.

Hopefully we'll see some more huge winning margins at Champery world cup this year if his injury is fine, and at 2011 Champery World Champs, that should be awesome to watch.

Last edited:

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
In regards to the poll, Sam is great but I dont think he's the greatest ever. I think that the boys who do freeriding are greater because not only do they hold sheer speed, they can also back it up with a huge variety of tricks. I may be wrong but I have no knowledge of Sam having a huge bag of tricks to back up his domination on the downhill courses.

Syndicated

Likes Dirt
In regards to the poll, Sam is great but I dont think he's the greatest ever. I think that the boys who do freeriding are greater because not only do they hold sheer speed, they can also back it up with a huge variety of tricks. I may be wrong but I have no knowledge of Sam having a huge bag of tricks to back up his domination on the downhill courses.
I think we'll be seeing a wider variety of his style and what he is capable of in different disciplines in the Follow Me DVD as he will be riding some Northshore trails with Vanderham.

nskz

Likes Dirt
I think the question was more aimed at "do you think Sam Hill is the greatest downhiller of all time?" not greatest moutain biker of all time which seems to be what you elude to. With regards to his freeride skillset...didn't he win the Redbull ride in Jindabyne when he was like 16?