The Sh*t Parts Thread

Leechie

Likes Dirt
Whats Parts have you had bad experience with????

Feel free to Add to this thread!

These are my experiences:

Animal hamilton pedals
Had the sealed version. Allways seemed to run themselfs dry and make horrible noises. The alu endcap became brittle from removing to regrease so many times. Allways loose. Seem to break shells easy?

Fly Pedals
They were heap big, heaps this, heaps grippy pedals. They were great to me untill one day one of them just siesed up. Turned out to be a bent spindle. Would mostly be driver error tho, haha.

Shimano DX pedals
Great pedals, but once the pins wear down, there is no way of getting them out as the screw in from a allenkey on the top. No biggie tho, it was easy to drill and tap new threads next to the existing.

Profile mini rear hub.
Im not sure if its just a recent issue? But they all seem to have side to side movement. No matter how tight you did it up. Happen to me and 2 of my mates. Thats how they come. We were able to fix the issue by grinding a few mm off the shoulders of the axel. Its no bigger but spending so much money on a hub and having to grind down titanium axel shoulders is unacceptable. Allthough it doesnt seem to happen on profile mini's with the 3 piece race axel.

Not to mention titanium axel nuts on a titanium axel is a big no no. No matter how much lube/grease/anti-sieze you had on there, they stick/fuse together.

Stolen sprocket
Engagment or something? The teeth were gone after a month or two.

Gsport Ribcage
Great rim. Black works great with brakes, doesnt wear away. Only issue is the side walls seem to be too soft. Even running 80psi still seemed to allow dents to happen. Didnt just happen to me.. also 3 of my mates.

KHE PARK Tyres
Biggest waste of money ever. In the same week, 3 of my friends (who are brakeless and pegless) tore big slits in the side walls. What from we arnt to sure? All the rode was park. One even managed to tear a front one. The KHE STREET and DIRT are good to date.

Half Link Chains
Suck. The break to much. A hassel to fix. Heavy. No advantages over a normal chain. All you need is one halflink to run in your normal chain if you want the right length chain.

Shadow Little ones pegs.
Good pegs, slide well.. only issue is, as soon the they start to fold over at the ends, it can get near impossible to get a socket inside them. Nothing a file cant fix.

Alu pegs with steel outside.
They are light, the the shim eventully loosen's itself off the alu and can come off. Its very sharp. Once one came a little off, stabbed a mate in the leg... that was alot of stitches.

Snafu rear hubguard
Too soft, folded straight away and rubbed on the spokes.

As more come along I will add to the list. But in the mean time YOU add to the list!

Likes Bikes
KMC pintle half link chain. Snapped 3 tmes in less than a week. Run a kool chain now, it's heaps better.

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maxxis holy roller tyres

anyone who has ever run them at my park has been shreaded like carrot in a blender

those top cap headet things you have to hammer into your forks

Last edited:

Belle

Eats Squid
^^except me^^.

i like this thread.

salt cranks strip out easily and spindles bend like spokes.

hazard rims - buckle with not much stress on them.

Gsport ribcage - only problem is that tires are allot harder to get on due to the tyre gripper? is too thick.

shadow conspiracy little ones - great peg but dint too easy.

elementary stem - just more hassle.

the nuts that came on khe coaster - they crack in half.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good thread.

1. The very controversial odyssey pc pedal.
Great pedal for 25 bucks aud, so we can't really complain. But if you do pedal tricks, wear down very quickly.

2. fit f-hucker tyre? came stock on my fit flow, sidewall broke in no time.

3. elementary stem; hassle. my opinion.

4. fly barends, annoying, little bolt threads strip easy.

thats all i got.

1 fit f-hucker tyres weakest side walls of any tyre ive ever owned
2 shadow conspiracy mean lite seat post i stripped the guts in it i tightened it as hard as possible by hand still moved then i got a rattle gun tightened it and it moved again . i now have some thread lock on the bolts and the guts so it has only moved a little but still shit
3 kmc superlite chains
they aren't shit BUT compared to regular kool chains they stretch like nothing else

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Odyssey Wombolts - Don't actually run them, but too scarey after the shit i've seen happen to them

Tuffneck Overbites - "clap clap". and the pedal inserts need to be superglued in every time you wanna change pedals.

Primo Grips - they tear because theyre too soft

Primo Wall Tires - fuck playing around with them, i wanna change my tube now!

Macneil Bashguard Sprocket - heavy, and it still bent