The SHAN (Only one in Oz?)

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Very nice, very clean - lovin it.

Yeah, Damien and David at PP have become regular email partners....

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the hangers that could sent. Is it just me or did you think from the webpage that the 135x10 and 135x12 options were included. It is not a biggy, I am happy with the 135x10 I am running, but I was a little bummed as I had already got the bits for 135x12.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whats the story with them- are they alloy or steel?
I love the looks of the blue and orange one in that vid.

wonder if i could rock a hardtail again????

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just look at the welds on it, damn that is a fine looking rig.

*Adding to my list of possibilities

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
The great irony here is that I am actually getting rid of mine. It IS an awesome bike and is one of the best built rigs I have owned, but it is literally writing cheques my body can no longer cash. I know this sounds like a cop out but I am going back to a DS rig to save my back. I never had this problem with the Blender because it just was not a bike that begged to be pushed as hard is the little Shan does - but I just found myself finishing rides bloody shattered. So the frame is on its way to the US where another rider will enjoy it (one much younger than myself, might I add, so maybe he won't end up as broken as me :eek:hwell: It basically came down to whether I would be able to use it for what it really was designed for without killing myself in the process and the answer was no, so time to lick my wounds and move on.

A few things I did find with the frame - 1) the lovely sculpted Head Tube with its grill looks great, but lets in buckets of water in the wet. This is one frame that will need an internal frame spray, 2) I ran a 12mm to 10mm converter axle for a couple of rides and I believe it does improve the ride a little. The guys at Production Privee said the whole reason for no 135x12 is that the frame's characteristics suffer in this configuration. It does loose a little softness granted, but it holds its rear better. 3) Run a 160mm fork, it will handle that without any issues.

I have a new frame on its way that will be yet another strange build and hopefully a little more forgiving on my back.

sruge

Likes Dirt
Pity, but at least you had the honesty to say so. I had to make the same call with a Norco Shore a couple of years back - turned 50 & the "fearless" went to heaven.