The single speed project

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I ripped this up outa old gear I had sitting around. Still has allot to go but its getting there.

The bike.

The sweet bullseye, built the wheel up with 0 dish and spaced it right over. Chain lineis ok, but not flash.

What I'm proud of, check this out! It pulls the wheel back into the horizontal dropouts and gets the chain tight. Quite smart I thought :)

To come..
Nice old cantis
Retro cranks if I can find any
Stem, bar and seat change.
Powda coat eventually.

Comments?

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats funyy, hella old skool but when its done it should look kool especialy with the powdercoat!

that's exactly want to do with the commuter i'm building up out of an old avanti monari (circa 1996)

i'll PM you at some stage because that looks like it could be the solution to my envisaged problems with running SS...

what is the stem?? i'm still umming and ahhing about what to get... it will of course depend what the beautiful farkin people have....

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
luckyphil said:
i want one of them chain tensioner thingys!! did u make it or what? how much $?
I can make you one. But first I need to think of a cool name!

They will only work with old frames like this one. say 10 bucks? You also need to drill the frame out at this stage (just the rack boss hole).

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
yeah i've got a kinda old frame, with rack mounts on it. your using vertical dropouts yeah? drill it out how much?