The Stig is 'seriously good' says Alonso

Valentino_Rossi

Likes Bikes
http://www.racetechmag.com/news/newsstorycrash.asp?id=166068&menu=3

The Stig – the enigmatic hero of popular BBC motoring programme Top Gear – has received high words of praise indeed, from none other than double Formula 1 World Champion Fernando Alonso.

The Stig – clad in his famous white racing overalls and helmet – was present at Silverstone last weekend, behind the wheel of a two-seater Santander grand prix car as he lapped the circuit before the F1 cars took to the starting grid on Sunday ahead of the British Grand Prix.

A watching Alonso was clearly impressed.

“Whoever's in that car is a seriously good driver,” the 26-year-old Spaniard – a 19-time grand prix winner – is quoted as having said by Top Gear's website. “I've no idea who he is, but he's definitely ex-F1.”

The identity of The Stig remains a closely-guarded mystery, and his presence at Silverstone came about when a man who had won £5million on the lottery bought three passenger laps with him in the two-seater machine around the self-styled ‘Home of British Motor Racing', after bidding £35,000 for the experience in a Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital charity auction.

And living up to his fearless reputation, The Stig certainly made sure his passenger got value for money, excelling on a wet surface and even letting the back step out at almost 180mph with no traction control or driver aids for comfort. As Alonso noted, a true pro.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know for a fact the The Stig is not, and never has been, one person.
The consensus is that it's a group of ex-drivers, including several ex-F1 drivers. If you watch Top Gear, you'll notice that he changes height and girth throughout the series. I've heard Mansell, Blundell and Brundle have all driven, I know Perry McCarthy was the The Stig for a time (lesser known top driver and ex-F1 driver, albeit not terribly successful in F1) and there are rumoured to be top BTC drivers in the suit at times...
So no idea who drove the F1 2 seater at Silverstone, but it has to be a top driver, as normal blokes can't handle the car lap after lap. Brundle was driving F1 cars again recently - did anyone see him and The Stig at the same time over the weekend?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I have heard a furphy that a certain ex-WRC driver has had a crack as the Stig too.

thompo

Likes Dirt
I know for a fact the The Stig is not, and never has been, one person.
The consensus is that it's a group of ex-drivers, including several ex-F1 drivers. If you watch Top Gear, you'll notice that he changes height and girth throughout the series. I've heard Mansell, Blundell and Brundle have all driven, I know Perry McCarthy was the The Stig for a time (lesser known top driver and ex-F1 driver, albeit not terribly successful in F1) and there are rumoured to be top BTC drivers in the suit at times...
So no idea who drove the F1 2 seater at Silverstone, but it has to be a top driver, as normal blokes can't handle the car lap after lap. Brundle was driving F1 cars again recently - did anyone see him and The Stig at the same time over the weekend?
i'm pretty sure that at least one of the stig's have been blundell as i used to live near the track where top gear tests out there cars. Me and my dad saw him hop into the car (couldn't see his identity because of the stig outfit) but he resides near the circuit and is recogniseable by his height.

also alonso sucks, go lewis hamilton!

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
I'm told it's Ben Collins. Nascar, formula-v, lemans, and GT champion.

The Stigs accent is the same as Collins, in a rare tv interview
They both share a dislike of Hamilton's rise to fame.
Both are bloody good drivers.
Ben Collins is good friends with Jeremy Clarkson.
Height and weight are consistent.

And Collin's has been reported (in a independent health and safety report) as "Top Gear's high performance driver and consultant" since before Hammonds crash. This was the same title Perry Mccarthy had when he played the original 'Black Stig' before careening off a naval ship.

One of the Stigs is Collins but there have been about three in the past four seasons. But none of them can be under contract with with any F1 race team.

Lorday

Eats Squid
It's Rummered That The Stig Is The Love Child Of Michael Schmaccur (s.p) And Lance Armstrong, And That He Was Raised By Cheetah's In The African Savanah. And That Chuck Norris Himself Toliet Trained Him.

All We Know Is That We Can Him... The Stig

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's Rummered That The Stig Is The Love Child Of Michael Schmaccur (s.p) And Lance Armstrong, And That He Was Raised By Cheetah's In The African Savanah. And That Chuck Norris Himself Toliet Trained Him.

All We Know Is That We Can Him... The Stig
Reading and Writing Hotline dude - ring it.

Lorday

Eats Squid
ooh no poor you I left cap locks on. GROW UP. Oh no I put And after a full stop, call the Wellsey Wankers aka the punction police aka who gives a fark.