The stupid questions thread.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Why do trucks on the freeway indicated left and right when changing lanes? For example, they will be moving left, indicate left twice, once right, then left again? I assume its a safety feature sort of thing, but are they doing it manually or is it a new mechanism that's been introduced?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Why do trucks on the freeway indicated left and right when changing lanes? For example, they will be moving left, indicate left twice, once right, then left again? I assume its a safety feature sort of thing, but are they doing it manually or is it a new mechanism that's been introduced?
Its mostly just the drugs.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Its a "truckers code" style thing.

Trucks are speed limited and on a long run if you are limited at 103 and the truck in front is 101 it takes a good 30 seconds-minute to overtake, so what happens is as soon as your trailer is past they flash you so you can come across instead of blocking the right lane for ages cause it can be hard to judge the length of a long trailer. and in response as abit of a thank you they indicate left for the lane change than a quick right-left to say thanks.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn

Trucks are speed limited and on a long run if you are limited at 103 and the truck in front is 101 it takes a good 30 seconds-minute to overtake, so what happens is as soon as your trailer is past they flash you so you can come across instead of blocking the right lane for ages cause it can be hard to judge the length of a long trailer. and in response as abit of a thank you they indicate left for the lane change than a quick right-left to say thanks.
I indicate left once or flash my lights when a truck overtakes me and the end of the trailer has passed just to let them know its safe to move back in. Is that right?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I indicate left once or flash my lights when a truck overtakes me and the end of the trailer has passed just to let them know its safe to move back in. Is that right?
Double tap on the beams is correct. Good man, shouldn't get driven over by an irate truckie.............well, intentionally anyways.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

So what's the code for when they want to let their trucker brethren know that they have a dead hooker in the cab?

J

JaRedy

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?