The stupid questions thread.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I'm so glad my son is too young for that shit. I shudder to think garbage they will be pedaling by the time he cares.

My missus has a six year old brother that gets into all that shit but sadly, his dad is more into it. He ends up with his own collection and thinks it'll make him rich. I can guarantee he is calculating his shipping in his head and always making sure he gets the extra.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Managed to break the plastic ball bearing cage on the lower headset bearing.
Anyone know where to get a caged ball bearing for a 1.5" headset?
All I can find are cartridge bearings in 1,5".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes people are but not that 1 - there are 4 rare ones that were added late to the game with a very small production run that people are paying silly for.
That's not what the newspaper told me! It said I had one of the 4 limited options. I generally discount such things as "news" that is really the oligarchy holding hands, but fuck it...WA is a boring place so I googled it and didn't really find any useful info. You have crashed me with potential truth. I got a gold C3P0. It is much cooler.

I will only shop at Woolworths until this promotion finishes. Every shop I am calculating my basket to be $30 on the dot, just topping up with $1-3 items I'll probably use to creep over the line. Then going back for the next $30 load. There is nothing worse than clocking $48 sale and missing out on that second squishy.

Minlak

custom titis
That's not what the newspaper told me! It said I had one of the 4 limited options. I generally discount such things as "news" that is really the oligarchy holding hands, but fuck it...WA is a boring place so I googled it and didn't really find any useful info. You have crashed me with potential truth. I got a gold C3P0. It is much cooler.

I will only shop at Woolworths until this promotion finishes. Every shop I am calculating my basket to be $30 on the dot, just topping up with $1-3 items I'll probably use to creep over the line. Then going back for the next $30 load. There is nothing worse than clocking $48 sale and missing out on that second squishy.
We usually shop at Woolies for various reasons and the tiger day we had to go to Coles for items we couldn’t get at Woolies - spent $120 and was going to go an ask Woolies for the 4 Ooshies since it wasn’t our fault they don’t stock the items :)

Flow-Rider

Burner

After you said it, I looked on fleabay and indeed they carry a hefty price tag but plenty of the so-called rare ones.

moorey

call me Mia
Haha, could have been me! But, I'd say there is a bit of a difference between collecting cards that kids can learn about animals on (I assume?) versus useless plastic pieces of crap that will be forgotten in a few weeks.
Agree....but you’re still the grinch. ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So I have the captain marvel glitter ooshi. Ummmm are people really paying stupid amounts of money for this shit or is the media hype just promotional work masquerading as "news"?
I hear when you get to the checkout, they ask you 'are you collecting ooshies' ?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
100% with droenn on this one.
Just more against inane bullshit made to create brand loyalty in children so we raise another generation of good little zombie consumers.
ooof, and another thing! the fact that Coles and woolies have taken over supermarkets in ACT so not much choice (I really miss Foodland in SA and proper IGAs in Vic) - have to drive for ages to get to a "Supabarn" since Coles bought out most of them. Aldi is just too weird.

And hardware stores, just lost my local Home Timber & Hardware (ok a chain also, but not as insidious as the big B) so the only option is to brave the hordes at Bunnings. But no Mitre 10s close by, or any independent stores.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hear when you get to the checkout, they ask you 'are you collecting ooshies' ?
At my local Woolworths the person guarding the self serve check out is much more assertive.

"How many did you earn?"

In a way that implies you have no choice.

Rather than creating piles of rubbish I would prefer to just have cheaper and better quality groceries. But for some reason supermarkets dont seem to think like that. I feel similar about insurance...just make it cheaper, if I want a holiday I'll buy one.