The stupid questions thread.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What are those little two holed thin pieces of metal that go between the rotor and rotor bolt for (set of 3 for a rotor). I use them on some bikes and others they don't come with it so I don't. I assume some kind of anti-rotation loosening device?

Minlak

custom titis
What are those little two holed thin pieces of metal that go between the rotor and rotor bolt for (set of 3 for a rotor). I use them on some bikes and others they don't come with it so I don't. I assume some kind of anti-rotation loosening device?
Exactly - Meant to stop the bolts coming loose - Opinions vary between essential to have and weigh too much

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
So the spacing on SRAM owned forks is specific to SRAM owned brakes, one of those bullshit proprietary things like trek and specialized love doing. It is really shit! You just need the right adapted to get around it. Yours is the one that goes with all the other forks (fox, manitou, Marzocchi, xfusion, and so on). The physical difference is small, but you won't get maximum brake pad to rotor contact with that adaptor.