The stupid questions thread.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I wonder about bikes that make hard tracks feel like they're not there, genuine question as I've never owned a full squish but is there still a level of jeopardy in tackling this terrain in a long travel bike that smooths most stuff out?
Yeah as @leitch said :p

It's a silly old argument put up by people on various forums occasionally over the years, we cry for harder, more techy trails with bigger chunk and bigger Gnarl, then ride longer FS bikes with 29" wheels to smooth out the terrain we whinged for.

Hitting that shit with speed and a bit of finesse results in a big grin.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah as @leitch said :p

It's a silly old argument put up by people on various forums occasionally over the years, we cry for harder, more techy trails with bigger chunk and bigger Gnarl, then ride longer FS bikes with 29" wheels to smooth out the terrain we whinged for.

Hitting that shit with speed and a bit of finesse results in a big grin.
Completely agree, riding a single speed hardtail has forced me to get fitter and ride better. I hit the same stuff now on the hardtail as I do on the Prime, it's harder but can be done and is more fun. That being said I've been of the bike for almost a month and that fitness is wasting away fast.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sadly the only crying you hear these days is that the trail is getting too chopped out, the jumps are worn down, the braking bumps are too big and the berms are falling apart.
I knew you were listening to me!
I was shocked when I saw a few brand-new trails here that cost upwards in the millions to build and that chunts had sick skidded them to death with in a few weeks. What makes it worse is that well known people in the industry (some at pro level and others that do shop rides) put vids up of themselves doing it. Everyone does the occasional skid or cuttie but if you do it on every ride and other people try to emulate, what's going to be left of these trails?

moorey

call me Mia
I was shocked when I saw a few brand-new trails here that cost upwards in the millions to build and that chunts had sick skidded them to death with in a few weeks. What makes it worse is that well known people in the industry (some at pro level and others that do shop rides) put vids up of themselves doing it. Everyone does the occasional skid or cuttie but if you do it on every ride and other people try to emulate, what's going to be left of these trails?
It’s all about slowmo insta edits. Get with the program, old man.