The stupid questions thread.

akashra

Eats Squid
Perhaps I can recommend Dropbox for that - that would allow you to provide him with a link where he can obtain it. Dropbox is a tool for syncing folders between one or more systems, where the files are also then accessable via the web (either public or private). It's designed to be idiot-proof, you don't need to go manually uploading files etc. A free account gives you 2GB.

PM me for a referral link, you'd also be doing me a favour whereby I get 250MB extra space for the referral :p

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about putting it on a USB and handing it in? Otherwise photobucket/vimeo could work.
External study, I'd have to post one. Short of posting a dvd that is... I think I have photobucket already might check that out, failing that, Akashra I will do :) thanks guys!

moorey

call me Mia
External study, I'd have to post one. Short of posting a dvd that is... I think I have photobucket already might check that out, failing that, Akashra I will do :) thanks guys!
I'm sure that you can put in a photobucket folder that you can set as private. Good luck with it. What are you studying, btw?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sure that you can put in a photobucket folder that you can set as private. Good luck with it. What are you studying, btw?
Hahah that's not a stupid question is it? :p this one's for event management, but I study Sports Tourism as a degree

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Hi Hach Bee,

I was trying to submit a group project document to a uni lecturer, but it was 14.7Gig. The uni servers wouldn't accept it at that size. Being an idiot I racked my brains for a while before submitting it as a PDF which has a tiny file size in comparison. Does that help at all?

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Where the fuck do all my tools go when I put them down for 10 seconds to grab something else?
They hide like the sneaky little bitches they are. That's why I have started scrupulously cleaning my shed between jobs, to limit their abilities to deceive me.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Hach Bee,

I was trying to submit a group project document to a uni lecturer, but it was 14.7Gig. The uni servers wouldn't accept it at that size. Being an idiot I racked my brains for a while before submitting it as a PDF which has a tiny file size in comparison. Does that help at all?
I don't think that would work for a video... would it?

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Need a blue slip in the Cronulla/Sutherland area- any suggestions on somewhere that'll go easy? The car's pretty solid, I just don't want to dick around because I live in Wollongong...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a website/thread that lists all current mountain bike DVD's? Like an IMDB for MTB flicks?

Or if there isn't such a thing, What are the Top 10 MTB flicks of 2010/11?

Matt H

Eats Squid
Do they remove the lower branches off plantation pine trees or do they naturally grow like that? And if they are removed, how on earth do they do that effectively?

Staunch

Eats Squid
Well, it was "Sure, I can squeeze in there".
Mate got stuck between 2 shipping containers, had a good laugh at him trying to get out.