The stupid questions thread.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Agnostic here. How long will it take science to find out what happened before the Big Bang?

Let's face it, science can explain a lot in the observable universe, but how are we supposed to conceive, let alone measure and find evidence of how something was created from nothing?
There are theories and Sir Rodger Penrose claims concentric cycles detected in the back ground microwave radiation by NASA's WMAP satellite points to cyclic cosmology rather than the more accepted inflationary model typically suggested in the big bang theory.
http://www.newton.cam.ac.uk/webseminars/pg+ws/2005/gmr/gmrw04/1107/penrose/

The reason why the question of before the big bang isn't really addressed that often is because it's kind of meaningless.

Understanding what happened an instant after the bang is important to understanding exactly what is happening now, how the building blocks of our universe were formed and how it all interacts.

Understanding what happened before the big bang has no bearing on our understanding of the current Universe because at the bang all the rules and data were reset. It's kinda like the universe did a "Format C" on itself
It would be like studying a cow to understand a chocolate milk shake. Or studying a slide rule to try and understand an i Phone

Knowledge for knowledge sake is good but hard to get funding for.

As for understanding, conceiving and measuring how something can be made from nothing it seems to be a fundamental feature of our universe and there is in fact plenty of evidence for it. Subatomic particles pop in and out of existence all the time in such numbers that the energy given off by their collisions is causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
if i finally finish this vintage roadie rebuild i'm doing, will i suddenly begin shaving my legs, develop a lycra team-jersey fetish and completely lose my sense of humour along with my bikin' community cameraderie?

A Cadillac, theoretically one which complys with all the other p plate rules (power etc)...
I think there is a law stating the car must be 30yrs plus for it to stay a left hand drive.
But for driving a left hand in Aus is going to give you troubles, and learning to drive on the right side of the car will be hard enough let alone on the blind side of the car....there is a few things I can think of already with driving on the left in a right hand country..
Parking lots- needing tickets to enter-having to climb over the passenger side to claim ticket.
Parking....depends how good you are
Over taking.

I wanted to buy a right hand drive 200sx here in Germany but was put off buying one for these reasons, plus people I spoken too have said the same things.

Check with the RTA I'm sure they know more then people on RB.

Were you not being a subi?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Next question - are me and my friends the next D12? Maybe G12 for Geelong 12?

"We’re living in a vicious world its either eat or get eaten don’t give a fuck about how you’ve been treaten, because it’s an animal kingdom I have to say if you look weak your just prey, get your priorities straight just look out for yourself don’t go protecting a mate that will turn around and stab you in the back, you gotta stay the king of the pack, it a hard life out there true? When the odds are against you you’d be lucky to make it past 22, I never knew I could cause so much pain by tying the rubber and injecting the poison in me veins, I’m sorry mum that I have caused you this harm every time she looks down at the scars on my arm, when I see a tear running down your face I wonder is it worth getting high having to see your mother cry, I hate doing it my brain is cooked but it’s a part of me now I am hooked.

Been in a private school since prep just living it up, private school thug rep, got me a new 52 inch flastscreen in the same socio-economic group as Charlie Sheen. Loving life living it to the fullest, my criminal record sure aint clean. I start to hit the bong and the room starts smoking mum comes in and I start choking, she asked me what I have been doing munchies kick in and I start chewing, she goes whats that smell I say what do you expect my addiction is foul, have you been smoking pot no mum my eyes are just unusually bloodshot, suspicions drop off and I think I’m a winner until I go back for thirds at dinner"

Just some rowdy lines with the boiz.

EDIT: Music video dropping soon inc. bong made from wheelie bin.

Last edited:

.Sam

Likes Dirt
Next question - are me and my friends the next D12? Maybe G12 for Geelong 12?

"We’re living in a vicious world its either eat or get eaten don’t give a fuck about how you’ve been treaten, because it’s an animal kingdom I have to say if you look weak your just prey, get your priorities straight just look out for yourself don’t go protecting a mate that will turn around and stab you in the back, you gotta stay the king of the pack, it a hard life out there true? When the odds are against you you’d be lucky to make it past 22, I never knew I could cause so much pain by tying the rubber and injecting the poison in me veins, I’m sorry mum that I have caused you this harm every time she looks down at the scars on my arm, when I see a tear running down your face I wonder is it worth getting high having to see your mother cry, I hate doing it my brain is cooked but it’s a part of me now I am hooked.

Been in a private school since prep just living it up, private school thug rep, got me a new 52 inch flastscreen in the same socio-economic group as Charlie Sheen. Loving life living it to the fullest, my criminal record sure aint clean. I start to hit the bong and the room starts smoking mum comes in and I start choking, she asked me what I have been doing munchies kick in and I start chewing, she goes whats that smell I say what do you expect my addiction is foul, have you been smoking pot no mum my eyes are just unusually bloodshot, suspicions drop off and I think I’m a winner until I go back for thirds at dinner"

Just some rowdy lines with the boiz.

EDIT: Music video dropping soon inc. bong made from wheelie bin.
Theo you are too white and scrawny to be a rapper

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
if i finally finish this vintage roadie rebuild i'm doing, will i suddenly begin shaving my legs, develop a lycra team-jersey fetish and completely lose my sense of humour along with my bikin' community cameraderie?
No Violet, your getting the bike massaging fetish. The problem here is your delving into strange and unknown parts....

Norco Maniac

Is back!
You shave your legs so you're halfway there anyways.
i only shave them when i can be bothered or when i'm going out in a dress - so not very much at all!

here's one for you - why are most gynaecologists men? it's like having a mechanic who doesn't own a car....

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, but every man likes to look at, and have a fiddle with cars given the chance...
hahahaha moorey!!!!

May be they knew when looking in the mirror it will be thier only chance lol, I would rather be scrubbing toilet floors but would not pay as well i suppose.

Last edited: