The stupid questions thread.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Will I Still be able to drive my 85' Hilux on my P's if I put a turbo on it? (it is a 2.4d)

I'm not 16 yet, but have the aforementioned Hilux 2.4d. I hear they are rather underpowered, and I have got a turbo, manifold and everything needed for a turbo setup so I figured I may as well bite the bullet. But if it's not P-Plater friendly I'll just leave it N/A till I am on my P's

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Calling all audio/tech geeks *couch* erm I mean angels!!

Purchased some awesome retro Technics gear today and am having trouble getting it all to talk to one another. Have got two speakers, a CD player, AM/FM receiver and EQ all as separate units. Speakers are currently plugged into the receiver, and CD into the AUX of the receiver. Problem is we're having trouble getting the EQ to work in the loop. Have tried so many things and think we may be one RCA cable short... EQ is definitely receiving power but has a couple of button options on the front to try too.

If anyone has any suggestions would ABSOLUTELY appreciate is as I'm so in love with it already hahah even though it's all older than me, the sounds quality is unbelievable and was such a great deal.

Trying to attach some photos of the backs of the units that we're trying to link..but RB isn't cooperating right now... Stacked top from bottom as: EQ, Reciever, CD player (and tape deck on the bottom, but I'm not super fussed on having it set up... however starting to think that it made need to be run through there)

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you plug the CD player into the EQ? Then the EQ into the receiver?
Even leaving out the CD, the EQ direct to the receiver still wasn't working. There's a couple of different plugs, to try and acheive it, will try and load the photo again...

You could always just leave the EQ out. If the gear's that good you shouldn't need it.
It's currently set up that way, I kinda just wanted the EQ for music/movies/quiet sounds to enhance it

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Line out from the CD should go to line in on the EQ and then line out of the EQ to a line in on the receiver (CD). Make sure that the the EQ out is a line out and not speaker out (RCAs and not banana plugs for example), some EQ were designed as EQ/amps and just have speaker out. If the EQ has multiple lines in use CD or Tape, don't use phono which is a different level and will have (probably) a phono pre amp inside. Obvious thing such as select CD on the receiver/EQ to ensure the signal is coming in the correct circuits. If the EQ has speaker outputs you can connect speakers to those to see if any noise is being generated by the EQ.

Having said all that I would probably send the EQ to the dump or Moorey and not use it at all.

Hell my pre amp and power amp don't have any controls that can frig with bass or treble let alone any other frequencies.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Line out from the CD should go to line in on the EQ and then line out of the EQ to a line in on the receiver (CD). Make sure that the the EQ out is a line out and not speaker out (RCAs and not banana plugs for example), some EQ were designed as EQ/amps and just have speaker out. If the EQ has multiple lines in use CD or Tape, don't use phono which is a different level and will have (probably) a phono pre amp inside. Obvious thing such as select CD on the receiver/EQ to ensure the signal is coming in the correct circuits. If the EQ has speaker outputs you can connect speakers to those to see if any noise is being generated by the EQ.
Bam success, thanks a billion :) you tend to be my official Answerer on here! Turns out the EQ has a temperamental wiring problem so it plays up a little but its bearable! LOVING IT

I've been looking everywhere for a credible download of this set: http://soundcloud.com/sastro/cassius-thomas-bangalter-dj-falcon-paradiso-ade-2002-10-19

Its Cassius, Thomas Bangalter & Dj Falcon live at the Paradiso, Amsterdam Dance Event

Unfortunately, I can only find it in parts, most of which are riddled with viruses. I'm asking in the hope someone either has a copy and can upload it/email it (hell I'd pay for a cd and postage if you could even burn it) or whether someone knows a way to download off Soundcloud when the download limit is reached, or, if some kind person would help the search for a download site.

I know it's a long shot, but I sure would love a copy.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay have a serious shirt search underway and so far have had no luck :( trying to search down this exact shirt for a friend, he owned and subsequently lost it to evidence in an investigation and he loved it so much! Would be unreal to get him another for his birthday this week....

penny shirt.jpg

From what info I got from him, it was purchased at a market/store in byron a while ago but I figure there's nothing really original in markets these days it's all gotta be some mass produced stuff?

REWARD: SIX PACK (or cash for) OF YOUR CHOICE :)

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.zazzle.com.au/penny+farthing+gifts

Else you could search for a .jpg file (preferably hi-resolution) and pay for Vista-Print to create a t-shirt for you. You log in and create the shirt on the website, they print and deliver. Approximately AUD$40.00 for a front/back design or front only design and delivered to your door.

BTW, I don't drink so donate the money to the Salvos

EDIT: Oh....the EXACT same shirt

Last edited:

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:dance: When you cant do it... leave it to the Farkiners!

Hamsta I couldn't see the exact one, did you have a link?

Between Hamsta and DC (even though you didn't want recognition) I've got to send you guys some massive ehugs for sure! Thank you so much... long story short, he was assaulted and so his got taken by the police and probably will remain with them until a year or two from now. And it was his favourite shirt...

Contacted the store DC linked for the size and fingers crossed it comes through! Pick your beer buddy :) and Hamsta, I will do!

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
I've been looking everywhere for a credible download of this set: http://soundcloud.com/sastro/cassius-thomas-bangalter-dj-falcon-paradiso-ade-2002-10-19

Its Cassius, Thomas Bangalter & Dj Falcon live at the Paradiso, Amsterdam Dance Event

Unfortunately, I can only find it in parts, most of which are riddled with viruses. I'm asking in the hope someone either has a copy and can upload it/email it (hell I'd pay for a cd and postage if you could even burn it) or whether someone knows a way to download off Soundcloud when the download limit is reached, or, if some kind person would help the search for a download site.

I know it's a long shot, but I sure would love a copy.
http://soundcloud-download.com/

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
If an album has been mixed, mastered, etc before being released, what's the point of using any equaliser settings in my media player. What's the point of the equaliser?

strezd

Likes Bikes
If an album has been mixed, mastered, etc before being released, what's the point of using any equaliser settings in my media player. What's the point of the equaliser?
So you can Pump DA Bass!

Seriously though its supposedly so you can equalise the sound.

The Pre-amp, power-amp, speakers/headphones and the room all change the sound..sometimes for the worse.
Eq let's you change it.
But unless you know how its supposed to sound and an experienced audio engineer you'll probally just pump da bass!

indica

Serial flasher
White people turn up the treble, Black people turn up the bass.

There is no point.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shirt arrived today- PERFECT- thanks a billion again guys.

Going to keep up the inquisitions (because I know for sure you'll have the answers!); Jamis Dragon in the 26". Are they ever going to make one again? Or does anyone know anyone selling a 2011 in a small frame... totally regret never buying one when I worked in bikes :wacko: