The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Stack height is how much the headset adds to the length of your head tube. It's irrespective of your fork travel. If your fork steerer is only Just long enough, make sure the new headset stack height is no more than your old one, or your steerer may be too short.
And if this becomes an issue you might need a real slim stem. I have used this to overcome steered length before.

And at the risk of an extreme flaming there is a 11/8 external headset made by crank brothers that has a very short stack height. I have ran it on my bike for over a year with no issues and rate it as awesome. Crc sell it cheapish. Flame on.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Thanks for the headset guidance too all. Fork steerer has about 30mm worth of spacers in addition to what looks like total 25mm stack of existing headset so all should be good unless the new headset is stupidly huge!

Can mice get asbestosis?
No they don't live long enough to develop the condition.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks for the headset guidance too all. Fork steerer has about 30mm worth of spacers in addition to what looks like total 25mm stack of existing headset so all should be good unless the new headset is stupidly huge!

No they don't live long enough to develop the condition.
nah. Mid 20's is as low as I've ever seen in external cup (crank bros...don't go there).
35mm is average. You're good to go :thumb:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes but it will take 20 years to develop...

You can't do that, asbestos doesn't burn. Flood the whole place, deals with the vermin and loose fibres in one fell swoop.
Then you have a flooded house...burn it down. Insurance will pay for someone to clean it up. Ummmmm or so I have heard.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Can some realfood guru tell me why the fark I've been craving sweet corn and chicken soup since I broke my hand at States 10 weeks ago? I've even dropped in to my local "Chinese" shops on more than one occasion to get my fix.

Don't hate me for the canned corn - I rarely eat canned food at all

My slowcooker recipe is: 500g of chicken thigh fillets
One large red onion, roughly chopped
Two cans of creamed corn
One can of corn kernels
Throw the lot in the slowcooker on high for an hour then on low for six hours. Stir when ready to break up the meat and add a scrambled egg to serve.

Just thinking about it makes me salivate. I'd eat it every day right now if I could.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The little bastards are scurrying about in my roof.
Smear some Crunchy style Peanut Butter on crackers and put the crackers in the roofspace near the manhole cover. The mice will develop morbid obesity, will become too fat to scurry about and quite possibly suffer cardiac arrest.

NM, broken bones or not, any reason sounds like a good reason to make and eat the soup you described.

Last edited:

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can some realfood guru tell me why the fark I've been craving sweet corn and chicken soup since I broke my hand at States 10 weeks ago? I've even dropped in to my local "Chinese" shops on more than one occasion to get my fix.

Two cans of creamed corn
One can of corn kernels
Throw the lot in the slowcooker on high for an hour then on low for six hours. Stir when ready to break up the meat and add a scrambled egg to serve.

Just thinking about it makes me salivate. I'd eat it every day right now if I could.
wow, yum. how long to cook on the stove? does the chicken just fall apart?

my guess for the cravings is the nice combo of sugars, salts and proteins for good healing. Either that or a version of the good ol' chicken soup for the soul

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Me thinks I be breaking out the slow cooker this weekend - that sounds awesome!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid

Two cans of creamed corn
One can of corn kernels

Cravings due to missing ingredient - egg.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
NM were you fed a this soup with any regularity as a child? particularly when ill/injured? it's comfort food and you want to feel comforted in your time of trial.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Can't quote from tapatalk...

Never had this or any other chicken soup as a kid, after about 8 years old we rarely had any real homecooked food at all. Probably why I have such a real food fetish now :)

I'd say still probably four hours on the stove, and in the slowcooker the meat just breaks itself up. The beauty of a good slowcooker is that you can leave it on while you go to work and don't have to stress about stirring :)

Have to do some serious food shopping tomorrow, we haven't had a chance since coming home from nationals.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New shoes, first ride in them. About 10kms in notice numb feet, thought hey maybe too tight (old shoes getting loose so in the habbit of tightening them up alot) so I backed them off a lot, numbness didn't go away for rest of 30km ride. Any thoughts what caused numbness?
I thought maybe just too tight and was too late by the time I loosened them?