The stupid questions thread.

stirk

Burner
I guess that all depends, Some people whilst at work have their profesional hat on!!! Some not all, Once on their way to or home from work, Take it off!

That's when you think to your self, What the fuck did i just read...

Or maybe they're just doing it on purpose? Because it always seems to get pointed out? :noidea:
A) the troll is strong in you

Or

B) when on a train your brain attains the average intelligence of everyone in the carriage around you. I love getting on a train full of teens, would explain half my posts!!

camoshop

Banned
A) the troll is strong in you

Or

B) when on a train your brain attains the average intelligence of everyone in the carriage around you. I love getting on a train full of teens, would explain half my posts!!
I typed all that out whilst on the train, So could be a little from column A) or a little from column B) :noidea:

Mostly suits on my train, So probably getting their inteligence.

stirk

Burner
You've got no hope then! Better off with the teenagers..

I need to wear 'business' attire but only sometime wear a tie and almost never the jacket, does that make me a suit?

Nah, I said need to - all good, I'm not a suit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Does sitting on a train travelling to and from work seriously impair your ability to spell and use punctuation compared to when at work?
Yes it does. The level of "fuck it" is directly related to what is going on around me. If I am in a carriage alone and the air con is cold then I am at peace.

Shredden

Knows his goats
The snow in Tasmania, specifically Ben Lomond. Is it even worth paying to go to?

My goat wants me to go to Tassie with her later in the year, we are gonna go to MONA and just trying to work out some other shit to do on the other days. Thinking the snow might be good? We have pretty low standards and just want to mess around on snowboards for a day or whatever but is it even good enough for that? I'm kinda worried about that fact that I've never heard of snow in Tasmania before.

Any other suggestions? Sandboarding is also on the agenda, its my favourite sport, and I am willing to drive all the way to the west coast in search of new frontiers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The snow in Tasmania, specifically Ben Lomond. Is it even worth paying to go to?

My goat wants me to go to Tassie with her later in the year, we are gonna go to MONA and just trying to work out some other shit to do on the other days. Thinking the snow might be good? We have pretty low standards and just want to mess around on snowboards for a day or whatever but is it even good enough for that? I'm kinda worried about that fact that I've never heard of snow in Tasmania before.

Any other suggestions? Sandboarding is also on the agenda, its my favourite sport, and I am willing to drive all the way to the west coast in search of new frontiers.
Skip the snow dude. You'll just hate yourself for pissing the cash away to be wet cold and sad.spend it on good stuff...maybe hit my good mate Nathm up about a fishing charter with him. Or go penguin pashing.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

Going to the snow is awesome, do it but be ready to pay some cash for hiring some gear and even consider doing a one hour lesson. So many punters show up, get the gear and just muppet the shit out of it all day making the things they think they are doing right, worse. Get a lesson, spend the day playing and you'll want to come back. I say learn to ski before you snowboard though.

moorey

call me Mia
Always thought the same with jhonny but I know he does. POSM might be a bit suspect though.
Have said the same. No way I can imagine him on a bike. I was dubious of Johnny for ages...then found out he ownes a trek, so he's a web wheeler too, clearly b

Shredden

Knows his goats
Going to the snow is awesome, do it but be ready to pay some cash for hiring some gear and even consider doing a one hour lesson. So many punters show up, get the gear and just muppet the shit out of it all day making the things they think they are doing right, worse. Get a lesson, spend the day playing and you'll want to come back. I say learn to ski before you snowboard though.
We are both somewhat competent snowboarders and skiiers, at least to the point where we can get down the beginner runs without eating it every 10 meters. I know that the snow is super expensive, I was more asking about the quality of the snow/resort on Ben Lomond. Is it even close to as good as the Victorian resorts like Hotham and Buller? We want to go to the snow this winter and I'm happy to plan on spending the cash but not if we are just going to be sliding around on 2cm of ice and grass all day lol.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We are both somewhat competent snowboarders and skiiers, at least to the point where we can get down the beginner runs without eating it every 10 meters. I know that the snow is super expensive, I was more asking about the quality of the snow/resort on Ben Lomond. Is it even close to as good as the Victorian resorts like Hotham and Buller? We want to go to the snow this winter and I'm happy to plan on spending the cash but not if we are just going to be sliding around on 2cm of ice and grass all day lol.
This is me in Tasmania last season...its shit.

Screenshot_2015-03-03-23-39-57.jpg

Seriously though...if you are component on snow, unless you are desperate, just save the $ and go somewhere you know you will win. Do other stuff that won't leave you feeling sad.

moorey

call me Mia
How can I tell if wheels are set up tubeless by just looking at them? Set I just picked up are running ust crossmarks, on clean skill rims. Nipples look like the splined ones on an old set of crossrides I used to have, but spokes aren't bladed, and hubs arent mavic.

Minlak

custom titis
How can I tell if wheels are set up tubeless by just looking at them? Set I just picked up are running ust crossmarks, on clean skill rims. Nipples look like the splined ones on an old set of crossrides I used to have, but spokes aren't bladed, and hubs arent mavic.
Tubeless valve? Remove able core?
Pop core out and check for sealant if they used it?