The stupid questions thread.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
And on the Hope HB160 they have a 130mm rear hub with 17mm axle on an offset rear triangle, I think Cannondale do/did something similar. Interesting to see if bike companies go back to narrower rears or all end up on Superboost, standards...yay!

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if it's possible, and how to do it, to repair a garmin .fit file? Mine decided to miss the first 45min of gps data today but record all speed, cadence, heart rate etc. Was wondering if I can use my brothers gps data to fill the blanks?

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also given we are at war with accumulating huge piles of garbage at the moment and that those huge piles do produce greenhouse gases and pollute the land and water ways as well, is there a reason we don't just build some massive incinerators and trap the heat based energy? Is one significantly worse than the other? How does it compare to fossils? I suspect we have a pretty solid supply chain...
Uncle runs a company that taps into the methane build up from land fills and puts generators on them for power.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Uncle runs a company that taps into the methane build up from land fills and puts generators on them for power.
A hippy I once worked with had something like this running from his thunder box, he said you can buy them as a kit. I've also heard of it being done at the waste tips in Cairns.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not enough volume. Swanbank did this for years. Landfill supplied a 'little' fuel. Still worth doing but not the saviour of the universe. I am developing lightning capture and storage. It is a black art. Well everything turns black.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am trying to work out why the rear tyre on the Bronson stayed pumped up for nearly three months when it wasnt being ridden. Do a few 6 to 10km laps over two weeks and then it is flat. No punctures. Pump it up and it goes down overnight. Water test, nothing. So I stripped it, inspected tyre, rim, added sealant even though there was plenty. Ok again.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Speaking of sealant, does Orange Seal mix well with Stan's? Bike came out of the shop with Stan's but I've got Orange Seal in the shed.

Also, what's the best way to get foam grips off then back on again?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Speaking of sealant, does Orange Seal mix well with Stan's? Bike came out of the shop with Stan's but I've got Orange Seal in the shed.

Air compressor with fine tipped nozzle to get under the grips

Minlak

custom titis

Take them off with a knife and fit some good grips instead :)