The stupid questions thread.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Hell yeah, dash of truffle oil instead of cheese on pizza works well if the base and sauce are good.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
im not really a vegan. Just don’t eat animal products. Except honey.

I guess you could say the animal is being exploited, but guessing a truffle pig has much better life than a piggery pig. And increasingly dogs are used now.

Some vegans might not eat truffles, but I’ve not come across one who doesn’t

rowdy71

Squid
NN’s can be a bitch, being a bit floppy. Unless you can get a volume in really fast, they are temperamental at times. Maxxis EXO are your friend.
Totally agree about the NNs. My hans dampf goes on every time but the NN is a b£/#ch to seat.
Got my missus a new rig with maxxis tyres. .... first time easy tubeless set up. I'm jumping ship to maxxis next rubber

Cheers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
im not really a vegan. Just don’t eat animal products. Except honey.

I guess you could say the animal is being exploited, but guessing a truffle pig has much better life than a piggery pig. And increasingly dogs are used now.

Some vegans might not eat truffles, but I’ve not come across one who doesn’t

Don't eat...not vegan...do you wear the animals?

moorey

call me Mia
Totally agree about the NNs. My hans dampf goes on every time but the NN is a b£/#ch to seat.
Got my missus a new rig with maxxis tyres. .... first time easy tubeless set up. I'm jumping ship to maxxis next rubber

Cheers
Bike24, the Chunts that they are, have the best range and price currently...assuming you want 26...

slowmick

38-39"
Cornice is easy enough have a go at. Buy extra cornice. It is cheap and cutting the correct mitre can be a bit daunting at first. if possible cut it longer and make sure it is the mitre you want. Also, let the conice cement squeeze out a little and use a damp sponge to wipe away excess. don't let it set where you don't want it - it is a chunt to sand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My last house was quite old. When I renovated it I put cornice up in the areas where I had done new plastering. It was not too hard, though I had a carpenter buddy show me the way first time round. The older parts of the house had different arrangements of timber in the ceiling-wall joins that I quite liked which I decided I would do the next time I renovated. The most basic was 2 bits of bevelled timber, one on ceiling and one on wall, pushed into the join with a large piece of quad covering the join.

stirk

Burner
My last house was quite old. When I renovated it I put cornice up in the areas where I had done new plastering. It was not too hard, though I had a carpenter buddy show me the way first time round. The older parts of the house had different arrangements of timber in the ceiling-wall joins that I quite liked which I decided I would do the next time I renovated. The most basic was 2 bits of bevelled timber, one on ceiling and one on wall, pushed into the join with a large piece of quad covering the join.
Did you use a hammer?

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Easy enough to do.
It's easy with a mitre box the same size as the cornice. You can make one with a drop saw in under 5 minutes out of scrap.
Cornice is easy enough have a go at. Buy extra cornice. It is cheap and cutting the correct mitre can be a bit daunting at first. if possible cut it longer and make sure it is the mitre you want. Also, let the conice cement squeeze out a little and use a damp sponge to wipe away excess. don't let it set where you don't want it - it is a chunt to sand.
All wonderfully encouraging!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The age of reason is long forgotten, convenience and comfort reign supreme! My question is thus, it is apparently now ok to use your phone while taking a shit or even a piss, Australia is obsessed with take away coffee because nobody has time to sit down and enjoy, so when will it be ok to drink your take away coffee and take a shit at the same time? Or better still receive delivery of take away coffee while taking a shit?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When I worked in an office that shared its ablution facilities with other offices the stalls were pretty much occupied 100% of the time. Ping and bing noises were more common than the usual noises expected and these weren't Japanese toilets with artificial sounds to cover the grunts, splashes and scarts.