The Triple J Thread.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Fuck Parklife. So full of stupid jocks with their heads up each others' asses and useless trashy orange-skin-and-fried-hair skanks. Perfect target for population control.

Triple J is what gets me through the days, i do find dools entertaining, especially with sam simmons and people like that, always makes me laugh, music is alright sometimes, but i hate the up 'n coming bands, mainly 'how' or whatever the shit their name is, the new band that won unearthed high, jesus christ they it sounds like a deugong being raped into a microphone. But there's enough decent music compared to commercial stations to keep me listeneing.

I tried listening to Nova yesterday arvo 'cuz Hacks doing some bullshit womans week thing which makes me wanna put my head through a window then stab myself in the throat with the shards of broken glass, anyway, yeh, i was listening to Nova and man! THE, biggest, bunch of god damn bogans talking shit that's not even remotely entertaining. I was forced to drive home in silence. /end.

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
A question for all.

How many ROTORBURNERS listened to the Js when it was double J

Has changed heaps over the years, am still a loyal listener.
Yep. Theoretically I've been listening to it when it started in 1975, but I can't really remember because I was only 3!

My dad is 65 and splits his radio time between JJJ and 702.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about tuning in during the late 90s to Paul, Mikey, Julie and the Sandman in the morning, Sarah Macdonald for the Morning Show, Then Judith Lucy and Helen Razer for the Departure Lounge, followed by Michael Tunn for the Request Fest, and finally Creatures of the Spotlight in the later evening. Oh and This Sporting Life with Rampaging Roy Slaven and HG Nelson. An enduring Classic.

Apologies for any inconsistencies, mis-spellings, and liberal license regarding timing and programming.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here in Brisbane Triple J, in my opinion, is by far the best station around , followed by Triple M which is good for the old stuff :D. Grew up listening to it (still got a bit more growing to do :p), loved J and the Doctor. Super request and Saturday night House Party are the best :D. Although it is slowly becoming lamer :(.

I cannot stand Nova and B105 is only decent for Hamish and Andy (occasionally, music they play is total bullshit).
The crap that is played on B105 and Nova is disgusting and people who listen to it IMO are tools.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hack pisses me off constantly! Otherwise im pretty cool with the rest of it, although I would like a bit more Jazz/Blues to make it onto Root 'n' all rather than the reggae/international sorta stuff...

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Here in Brisbane Triple J, in my opinion, is by far the best station around , followed by Triple M which is good for the old stuff :D. Grew up listening to it (still got a bit more growing to do :p), loved J and the Doctor. Super request and Saturday night House Party are the best :D. Although it is slowly becoming lamer :(.
Always got Super request going when working, hilarious listening the drunken requests, good to hear what other people are into to.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always got Super request going when working, hilarious listening the drunken requests, good to hear what other people are into to.
speaking of drunks dave callens late night program is always entertaining especially on thos late late shifts.