the typical newby call for help!

Doaks

Likes Dirt
hey everybody. i'm a newb and in need of advice. I'm selling my bmx and looking for a 2nd hand dj rig and was wondering if anyone knows whats a good brand to start with and how much i'm gonna have to look at forkin out.
come on people help out a distressed mtb wannabe!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Mate it's kind of up to you how much you fork out I guess. I'd be prepared to pay no less than $1k though. There are many bikes out there that you could use. I'd suggest perusing the "post your ride", Street/Dirt Jumping and "complete bikes" for sale thread for a week or so just to get a feel of who's riding what and what they think of it.

You can always ask the person/rider and they'll usually be more than happy to answer any specific questions. I ride a Chase and love it, but it's the only DJ/street bike I've owned so I've nothing to compare it to. I've riden the STP (probably a bike you should consider) and found that quite nice too.

That's about all the advice I can offer you sorry mate.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey sam,
i have already told you this,but mah
Norco: ryde,125,250
Giant: stp 0,1,2,(everyone has them tho)
kona: pretty much any of their hardtails
DMRs: any of them

are the main ones i can think of.....

Doaks

Likes Dirt
newb r me

i'll have a geez at those bits you suggested. and timmy, i know you told me but i just want to find out what general opinion in that area is mmkay??? cheers guys.

Doaks

Likes Dirt
bmx hahahaha

yeah i was thinking the other night that me, a 19 y.o riding a little kids bike looks pretty sad and my back would attest to this that doing silly little stuff on a bmx is fun but there is a limit and i don't think i'll get any further with bmx(i suck to the miximum) so i wanna get rid of my bmx and get a nice rig. plus we got heaps of bush and i can't exactly ride my bmx down bush tracks and hills when its got no freakin brakes!