The Ultimate All Mountain Rig - *** Updates Page 3 ***

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs

Well it's finally time to have a 2nd attempt at building up Banshee Rune....after the first escapade ending in tears with a certain courier company "losing" it *cough* TNT *cough*.

Spec:

• Frame: Banshee Rune (Large, Team Polish / Black)
  • Shock: Fox DHX Air 5.0
  • Forks: Fox 36 Talas RC2 (painted gloss black to match the frame)
  • Headset: FSA Orbit Xtreme Pro (1.5 reducing to 1-1/8)
  • Cranks: Raceface Atlas AM (running on Shimano Durace BB)
  • Pedals: Shimano DX SPD
  • Rear Mech: SRAM X0
  • Front Mech: Shimano Deore XT
  • Shifters: SRAM X9 Trigger
  • Brakes: Avid Juicy 7, 180mm Rotors w/ Straitline Levers
  • Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SX
  • Tyres: Kenda Nevegal w/ Maxxis DH Tubes
  • Bar: Raceface Atlas (0.75" rise)
  • Stem: Raceface Atlas (70mm)
  • Seat: SDG Bel Air
Upgrades to come:

• Industry Nine Wheelset (10x135mm rear, using DT RWS, Mavic 823 Rims, Red Hubs with Red to Black fade spokes)
  • Red chainring bolts
  • Time Atac XS Carbon pedals
  • Thomson Elite post
  • Fizik Gobi saddle
  • ODI Grips
  • Tubeless tyres..not sure what yet
This is a crappy photoshop rendition of what the wheel colouring will look like:

Last edited:

ollybev

Likes Dirt
will look alot better once it is all blinged out, straitline should make come XC pedals, they have mastered DH flats, surely they can make a new line for XC.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I absolutely love the frames, infact the whole new Banshee range looks amazing, they should be so happy with it.

This is no exception, looks great and I really like these frames. When you get those wheels on her, she will look just amazing!!! :eek::eek::eek:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Hot digididy dog! <333

Love you photoshop misetro work there Ken ;)

Now just dont go sending this one off anywhere whithout a video camera and tracking device monitoring it every second :rolleyes:

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So nice, Banshee have really stepped it up with their frames, can't wait for the 09 gear!

And what HT angle would that Rune be running? Seems a little slack, almost DH-ish.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
And what HT angle would that Rune be running? Seems a little slack, almost DH-ish.
67 degrees ;). The bikes design is based around the "all mountain" ideal, ride it up to pin it down...eg, the bikes favours descending in its design and ascending is only a means of getting to the good stuff. But it pedals awesomely, the only thing working against you is that head angle and a shorter stem (as that is how you would spec it), but only on steeper climbs. This is why I am running a travel adjustable fork, so I can steepen the HA when the uphills also steepen.

Albeit being a descender...it does pedal awesomely, so much so that IMO pro pedal made it "worse". It didn't make pedalling any more efficient, merely firmed up the ride and I lost trail sensitivity....so that lil mofo is staying off indefinitely.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs

:D

Should have the bike finally "complete" tomorrow and get some proper photos of her, she's all blinged out now!