The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I guess this counts as vintage being obsolete but being able to buy it today via an LBS sort of goes against the spirit of vintage.

I have I beam saddles that do work for me overall. No creaks, very light and they never move once put in place. I have been looking for a ye olde 26.8mm I beam seatpost for a very long time without success. Something I don't need but had to have. :)

Then one popped up at Lusty. I called Blackman's Parramatta to grab it. Lusty could even find it in their palatial warehouse.

Behold...

20230705_152431.jpg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
VERY Nice Classic DH frame there!
Did you buy it from an electrician? (Cable guides mounted with self tappers.)
Whats the deal with the c-channel on the top tube??

heavyp

You heard it here first
VERY Nice Classic DH frame there!
Did you buy it from an electrician? (Cable guides mounted with self tappers.)
Whats the deal with the c-channel on the top tube??
Its Bas De Bevers team proto frame they were all hand made and all slightly different, the C-Channel is for the cable routing on thats it same as the rear ones, watch this space I have something else on the way just waiting to get out of customs ;)

safreek

Hey fellow vintage fellas and gals, saw this for sale and it's a RM2xs.
Seems it's seen better days judging by the description but wondering what sort of money is it worth. I mean is it a super collectable that's out of my price range or do you think it's just an old banger that only warrants a low offer.
YES, I KNOW ITS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR IT :D
Screenshot_2023-08-05-16-04-15-10_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-05-16-02-37-92_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hey fellow vintage fellas and gals, saw this for sale and it's a RM2xs.
Seems it's seen better days judging by the description but wondering what sort of money is it worth. I mean is it a super collectable that's out of my price range or do you think it's just an old banger that only warrants a low offer.
YES, I KNOW ITS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR IT :D
View attachment 401608View attachment 401609
Not worth a lot. It's had a hard life and the cost of fixing the issues will be $$$, that's before you consider the frame.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

safreek

Well it's been sold, if it was still for sale when I went to brizzy on Tuesday I would of made a low offer.
Now who in brizzy has a cheap piece of shit for me to buyo_O

heavyp

You heard it here first
Well it never rains it pours! I just bought another beone but a full bike this time that also belonged to Bas De Bever, check out the prototype team only fork! 40/50 were made in the manitou shop for specific riders, they were also one of the first forks to use 20w oil in the lowers, everyone else was using damper fluid apparently which isnt a good lubricant an is sticky, even fox forks years after this started off using damper fluid in the lowers!

I am going to be after some very specific parts for this build namely the Weinmann Stuka Rims which I cant seem to find anywhere.

369808468_10161110773804176_8428961828865679066_n.jpg

heavyp

You heard it here first
Ticked off another bike from the list this week, a large GT Lobo! Its in great condition and I can't thanks Lewis Byrne for selling it to me even thou he had bigger money offers!

I have plans like all my bikes but this will not need much and I think I have most thinks I want to change in storage.

404658839_7205724262810875_5757587504046306858_n-1.jpg