The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

hathill

Likes Dirt
GT Talera

Finished tidying this 4130 GT Talera up on the weekend - not everything original but I think it's still a nice ride.
Anyone got an idea what year it might be?

IMG_7475.jpgIMG_7474.jpgIMG_7473.jpgIMG_7472.jpgIMG_7471.jpg

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately Im going to have to sell it as my wife has given my old bikes there marching orders.
hopefully someone else can get this World Championshiop winning race machine back to its former glory.
Time for a new wife ;)

Could be interested in taking on the project though...

donny70

Likes Dirt
final STS photoshoot

Did a studio shoot of my GT-STS2 as it deserved it and seeing as I have the equipment
at my disposal I thought it would be rude not to. I only use for light trail work
and spend more time polishing it as you can see... :D

I think posted here before but it's finally finished now. It has a lot of original parts such as the Kore stem and bars
but I've swapped out some parts. The forks are Look Fournales and the cranks are Caramba Sidewinders with CNC machined rings.
The cables are Nokon and the brakes are HS-33 Hydraulics.

and there you have it.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a studio shoot of my GT-STS2 as it deserved it and seeing as I have the equipment
at my disposal I thought it would be rude not to. I only use for light trail work
and spend more time polishing it as you can see... :D

I think posted here before but it's finally finished now. It has a lot of original parts such as the Kore stem and bars
but I've swapped out some parts. The forks are Look Fournales and the cranks are Caramba Sidewinders with CNC machined rings.
The cables are Nokon and the brakes are HS-33 Hydraulics.

and there you have it.
As a GT fanboy you just made my day. So sweet.

As for the Talera above, I think it's a '97.

Last edited:

Hank.

yes yes ya'll
AMP D1 - Rock Shox disc brake bleed.

Hay, Has anyone played around with AMP D1 - Rock Shox disc brakes? the cable over hydraulic things from the mid 90's.
I'm Having trouble bleeding a set of AMP and the download pdf from AMP research's web site is missing the info (steps 1 to 12) on the bleeding section.
Any help will get another old girl back on the trails.

donny70

Likes Dirt
Hay, Has anyone played around with AMP D1 - Rock Shox disc brakes? the cable over hydraulic things from the mid 90's.
I'm Having trouble bleeding a set of AMP and the download pdf from AMP research's web site is missing the info (steps 1 to 12) on the bleeding section.
Any help will get another old girl back on the trails.
Have you contacted anyone from AMP. They're usually very helpful.. Or retrobike.co.uk also have a vast selection of manuals and catalogues too.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh man, i just got offered something I always wanted, dreamt of since getting in mtb 20 years ago... its insanely expensive and can't justify buying it... but I WANT IT so bad...

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thinking about it... but the number of zeros in the price is slowing me down, for a 20 year old bike. but...

aanon

Likes Dirt
Lovin the old bikes on here.
This aint real old but it is far from new either.
Avanti D8.
Swapped it for an old 1980 team Mongoose bmx, at least i may ride this, probably soon ish.

Attachments

Last edited:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hence my hesitation...

To me its worth it (maybe not to others) and I really want one...and can afford it (it would smash a massive hole in the budget)... but really can't justify it...or at the moment have anywhere to put it (very space deprived). Also not sure if I would be brave enough to ride it (in case a. it broke, b. it wasn't what its cracked up to be).

deadbudgy

Likes Bikes
I really want to know what it is now... I can't even think of a second hand mountain bike worth over $10000. Can you give us a clue? What is its age? :fat: