The Volcano Concept

Nmag

Likes Dirt
It's good to dream..

All I need is several million dollars and it could become a reality.

Do you have a few lazy millions so we can buy some land and build it?

We can charge people to ride it and once we have enough $ we could replace the timber ramp with a chairlift, or tunnel to the centre and have a lift!

It's not really to scale.. the base should be about 1 kilometer in diameter and the height (say) 200-300 meters.

It's not serious, but I think the concept would work. It must have been done already somewhere in the world. Maybe the Pyramids had another purpose?

Imagine a huge cone shaped hill.

Attachments

*morison*

Likes Dirt
be pretty annoying if your a burm to the right sort of guy.

its pretty much like a normal DH track just goes around in circles.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Mind you if it is 1km in diameter that means the bottom loop is about 3ks long, so dropping 200 meters in just one turn isn't going to be very steep

Perhaps the concept should be reversed.
So you cycle up the spiral, nice gentle gradient, and whoosh straight down the volcano.
Have jumps or some NS arrangement to cross each turn of the spiral.

Or you make the whole thing a pair of spirals, one up with minimal obstacles and one down with a bit more playfulness.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks a lot like the summit of Mt Kosciusko actually if I remember correctly.

There are also very small versions of this at Olympic park that are only around 15m high.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
1 track on 1 mountain/volcano kinda seems like a pretty inefficient way to use land lol, i dunno about you but I'd kinda get bored of riding the same track everyday.

Having said that, it is a dream, so why not have like little ompa lompas (sp) that are continually building tracks. Since oompa loompas are renowned for their workmanship and loyalty, we can have them working on several other projects such as the "running machine track" whereby its a huge running machine about 10meters by 10 meters and the track actually passes you :O yeh, great idea, and it would be FREE because we'd have some oompa loompas that are also successful diamond merchants so it's purely non-for profit

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh dear noel, shouldnt you be working on HSMBA stuff....or maybe just maybe if we inverted Hornsby Quarry bingo!