Things Rotorburners say.

moorey

call me Mia
While this is all very convenient being able to swap end caps to go from 135 to 142, it kinda defeats the purpose. One of the main benefits of 142 is that it allows for wider hubs, which allows for the flanges to be further apart, allowing for spokes to be at a greater angle and create a stronger, stiffer wheel. By swapping out end caps you've effectively got a 135 hub in a 142 frame, zero benefit.
Sure, it's cheaper than a new wheel or rebuilding a wheel with a new hub. But if you want the full performance benefits of 142 you should have a 142 specific hub. Just sayin...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Those 142 specific hubs with flanges 2.5mm further from the center line are rare as rocking horse shit.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
While this is all very convenient being able to swap end caps to go from 135 to 142, it kinda defeats the purpose. One of the main benefits of 142 is that it allows for wider hubs, which allows for the flanges to be further apart, allowing for spokes to be at a greater angle and create a stronger, stiffer wheel. By swapping out end caps you've effectively got a 135 hub in a 142 frame, zero benefit.
Sure, it's cheaper than a new wheel or rebuilding a wheel with a new hub. But if you want the full performance benefits of 142 you should have a 142 specific hub. Just sayin...
Since this isn't the idea behind 142 as you correctly stated in the other thread, we better all be buying boost then...

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got-to-agree-with-ya-on-this-one-poorey,-but-we-are-just-muppets-on-the-bike-industries-strings:tsk:

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Muppets we may be, but if 142 hub flanges are wider, I'll Eat a dick.
bag-of-them??

3.5mm-in-total..so-1.75mm-either-side,-will-that-make-a-difference?....Nope

Can't-wait-for-the-new-147-hub-"revolution"

The-change-to-a-12mm-axle-is-the-only-benefit-but-that-had-already-been-done

moorey

call me Mia
bag-of-them??

3.5mm-in-total..so-1.75mm-either-side,-will-that-make-a-difference?....Nope

Can't-wait-for-the-new-147-hub-"revolution"

The-change-to-a-12mm-axle-is-the-only-benefit-but-that-had-already-been-done
7mm difference, 3.5 per side...or did you mean flange, not axle?