Things To Do/See in Tasmania

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Got a trip planned in March/April next year. All I want to do is drive around the old Longford Motor Racing Circuit, get on it at the Longford Pub, See the Mona Gallery and look at Shipstern's Bluff... I might also want to catch some heavy bands and do some tourist stuff.

What's good to look at in Tassie, bearing in mind I won't be taking a bike or surfboard. I'll have a week or 10 days down there. Th Missus wants to look at some history, but apart from that, I'm open to suggestions.

What have you got for me?

frensham

Likes Dirt
Without knowing who you are, how old, your likes and dislikes etc etc all I can suggest is a look here:

http://www.discovertasmania.com.au

For what it's worth - Freycinet is awesome, especially the boat tour cruise that runs from Coles Bay. Wineglass bay is worth a look. Bay of Fires, Cradle Mtn, Stanley, Arthur River, Strahan, Zeehan, Port Arthur, Mt Wellington, Salamanca Markets, Huon Valley, Soutn Coast Track, Wilderness Air, Tahune Forest Walk, Dismal Swamp, Launceston, Tamar Valley.

void

Likes Bikes
If you are after somehting different and dont mind some rough seas.. jump on one of the Pennicott Wilderness Tours...
www.brunycruises.com.au/
www.tasmancruises.com.au/

I took the wife on the Bruny cruise and we had an absolute ball... 6-8m seas in a 900HP 30ft boat... definetely worth the money and if it is too rough and you dont wish to go n the cruise they do give you your money back.

To Keep your misses happy:
Port Arthur is worth the time and money (Ghost tour).. One of few places that I have been to that puts a chill down my spine...
Saturday Morning - Salamanca Markets on the water front in Hobart.
Gordon River Cruise (personally go for one of the cruises listed above)

Cascade Brewery is just out of town in Hobart..

10 days should give you enough time to cover most of the state, that is if you like driving.

floody

Wheel size expert
You know I can see MONA across the bay from my house but as yet I haven't been there!

The 'National' Motor Museum of Tasmania is worth a look.

I'm hopeless for tourist ideas as all I've done here is study, work and ride!

Put a full tank of fuel in the car and do a loop of the channel region (So from Kingston down through Kettering and back up to Huonville via Cygnet), some cool little towns and a nationally renowned cafestaurant in Cygnet (The Red Velvet Lounge), could detour onto the ferry to see Bruny island. Then you could head down the Huon to Geeveston and go to the Tahune Airwalk. Come back through Cygnet and drive across Nicholls Rivulet road to Oyster Cove and you'll be sorely missing the motorbike...

If its a clear day head up Mt Wellington.

Port Arthur. Probably a given.

You could drive out and do Gordon River road, 85kms of uninterrupted, intersection free, quite well maintained tarmac that twists, rises and falls over the world heritage area to Lake Gordon itself. There is no amenities out there however. Probably not so much fun in a hire car.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Head to Mt Field NP to see Russell Falls. Awesome stuff.

Wineglass Bay/Freycinet NP. Can be done in a day trip from Hobart but you're better off staying a night or two.

Cradle Mountain.

Cruise to Bruny Island/penguin watching haha!

Cascade brewery.

If you're into whiskey, there are quite a few distilleries around Hobart...

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For what it's worth - Freycinet is awesome, especially the boat tour cruise that runs from Coles Bay. Wineglass bay is worth a look. Bay of Fires, Cradle Mtn, Stanley, Arthur River, Strahan, Zeehan, Port Arthur, Mt Wellington, Salamanca Markets, Huon Valley, Soutn Coast Track, Wilderness Air, Tahune Forest Walk, Dismal Swamp, Launceston, Tamar Valley.
I agree with most of these except for Zeehan. Are you serious?

Hew

Likes Dirt
The amount of things you can do is directly proportionate to the number of family members you go with. :clap2: