Thinking about..

G

Im thinking about making my xlr8 a djer?.. like the man ben cory..

What would i have to do to achieve this?

G

Frame - Da bomb xlr8
Fork - 01 Pyslo XC
Rims - Rear dice twofour Front 26' ryno lite xl
Running gear - Shimano LX
Brakes- Hayes hydro 6'
Saddle - Setlaz DH

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A specific DJ build would be single speed, low travel or rigid fork, 2.3" max tires, ideally 2.1's. ummm, strong cranks, strong but not too heavy wheels (think mavic 521/519), umm nice comfy bmx seat... give us ya build and it'll be easy to give a few pointers...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That build looks nice enough for me. just drop your psylos into 80mm lest you are doing 30foot gaps or something and you should already be right to jump to your delight.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nothing wrong there man, that's pretty similar to my setup, do you do anything else on the bike other than DJ's?

G

hmm yeah i need to cut my bars down...they are titec hell bent btw incase u need to know

Ty

Eats Squid
um, giro? if you'er going to be doing more than one spin of the bars in the air on a MTB you probably don't need to be asking about DJ bike setups on a online forum.

G

so my setup should be fine as it is just drop the forks??

how do i do this on 01 pyslos?

S.

ex offender
Fuzzy said:
so my setup should be fine as it is just drop the forks??

how do i do this on 01 pyslos?
Ah, on 01 psylos it involves taking one of the top caps (the right-hand one I *think*, not 100% sure tho) and adjusting a recessed screw with a screwdriver I think.

That build is perfect to jump, just do it!

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah, remove the spring and get a bloody long screwdriver, i should of paid attention when ryan did it to his this arvo.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
ur bike will be fine fuzz, u can jump just about anything, and if ur planing on racing ds and dh i wouldnt want to change much anyway

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put it this way Fuzzy, My jumping/DS bike will be my DH rig till pb the end of the year when my Norco is built