Thomson 27.2 Dropper

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yes it is a Thomson dropper, but that is one well loved saddle.

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
It's knackered cos I fell off riding in Santa Cruz and haven't got round to fixing it. those holes have pedigree.

spurr

Likes Bikes
Fuck the haters! Nice change seeing pics of a bike that actually gets ridden instead of the usual showroom specimans that abound 'round here. Sweet post too!

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How was cable length for you? I read that they come with two now just in case one isn't long enough?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Fuck the haters! Nice change seeing pics of a bike that actually gets ridden instead of the usual showroom specimans that abound 'round here. Sweet post too!
No hate drop kick. Hence the term love. Nice to see someone who'll keep a seat cos its comfy and works, rather than replacing for matchy fashion purposes.

moorey

call me Mia
Ordered my 27.2 last night. Sick of waiting for the big online stores to discount them. Watch for it happening next week. :behindsofa:

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered my 27.2 last night. Sick of waiting for the big online stores to discount them. Watch for it happening next week. :behindsofa:

Where from? CRC have them at 380.00,

Edit: Just looked... Not in 27.2 yet..

Last edited:

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
How was cable length for you? I read that they come with two now just in case one isn't long enough?
came with a length of outer and a gear cable. I ran it through the empty front mech stops.

CRC are a bulk discounter of mostly old stock, so they won't have a supply of these to discount for a while.

moorey

call me Mia
Where from? CRC have them at 380.00,

Edit: Just looked... Not in 27.2 yet..
You gave me a fright. Been watching and asking for 6 weeks. Would be just my luck they came in next day.
Got mine from jenson with a discount voucher. Just over $400. Still more than I ever wanted to pay, but sick of waiting.

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt

cable on full compression. lots of clearance. 2.3 hans dampf.

I got 50 bucks GST rebate off mine. but I too, was over waiting.

Nads001

Squid
Nice to see another Cotic Soul, any reason you didn't go with the KS Lev ?
It's between the Lev and the Thomson for me

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
Nice to see another Cotic Soul, any reason you didn't go with the KS Lev ?
heard too many stories of failures and horror warranty situations

the thomson seems well designed and engineered by a small company. I like this type of component.

moorey

call me Mia
For me, it's purely the 5" drop. Ks have been faultless for me over last 3 years (5 posts on bikes), but want the bigger drop than my current ks supernatural 272 can offer.

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
the 5" drop is really good. you can have the saddle at maximum pedaling efficiency height, but still get it all of the way down for rse off the back sections.

it's a teeny bit flexy compared to my rigid post, but that's to be expected.

moorey

call me Mia
the 5" drop is really good. you can have the saddle at maximum pedaling efficiency height, but still get it all of the way down for rse off the back sections.

it's a teeny bit flexy compared to my rigid post, but that's to be expected.
Your first dropper?