Thoughts on DMR MOTO tyres??

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are only rated to 60psi but they are my favourite DJ tires I have ever run, they are so grippy and roll awesome on concrete and dirt.

thompo

Likes Dirt
good tyre, my mate had a set and for the price he paid compared to the maxxis was good value and performance.

sedition.

Likes Bikes
Been on the back of my hardtail for 2 weeks now and not enough to properly evaluate them but no negative vibes. Yes, they do roll well and a have a nice profile on 29mm rims. Thinking of getting another for the front.

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Heavy and slow. Don't know about how long they last, took them off because I was so disgusted. Don't go near them 'dangerous dano'.

In my opinion the only tires worth buying for DJ/4X/Park/Street include-

Schwalbe Table Top
Kenda Small Block 8
Kenda NPJ Signature
Tioga FS-100

I have owned, used and highly rate the above. Also, have heard good things about the Geax Saguaro.

Definite NO NO's-
DMR Moto (heavy, slow)
Kenda Kiniption (heavy, sh*t grip)
Maxxis Holy Roller (overrated, heavy, sh*t grip, roll slow)
Kenda K-Rad (heavy, sh*t grip, roll slow, come stock on STPs haha)

MAYBE's-
KHE Mac Dirt (grip well, super light but blow out really easy, I haven't personally used these but have ridden the 20" version, was alright but sidewalls are too thin)
Intense Micro Knobby (very good grip in skate parks! roll fast but aren't that light. Once you get a bit of mud on them your gone.)

Last edited:

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
My 09 norco 4hun should be here next week. Its comes with mirco knobbys, should i replace them with Schwalbe Table Top? Im looking at doing mainly street, some light fr and bmx track.

Cheers

madboy

Likes Dirt
My 09 norco 4hun should be here next week. Its comes with mirco knobbys, should i replace them with Schwalbe Table Top? Im looking at doing mainly street, some light fr and bmx track.

Cheers
Definatley replace them.

I've run Intense MircoKnobbys before and they wear out fast. In one week the center of the tread was completley worn out and I was only using it for street. Poor grip too.

Schwalbe Table Tops are the go.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why not wait for them to wear out before you replace them then?

Pinkbike loves DMR tyres and Microknobbies, so they probably suck.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heavy and slow. Don't know about how long they last, took them off because I was so disgusted. Don't go near them 'dangerous dano'.

In my opinion the only tires worth buying for DJ/4X/Park/Street include-

Schwalbe Table Top
Kenda Small Block 8
Kenda NPJ Signature
Tioga FS-100

dude, they are less than 50g heavier than the Tabletop which is at the top of your recommended list, infact they are lighter than the FS-100.

Over all they are an excellent street tyre and a good all-rounder, they last for ages and the handling doesn't change as the grip wears, they probably have the fastest cornering on sealed surfaces of any tyre on the market, and when you way up price and durability as well as weight and speed they are a hard tyre to beat.

BTW, go for the 2.2, the 2.4 is overkill

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i ran the moto rt's for a while...

they were good.

they had plenty of grip, hardly any tread wear withing the 3 or so months i had them, had bugger all flats with them, and they weren't too slow...

they were a great tire, but i had to change them because of the size i had(2.4)
as its scrubbed on my frame...

i now have fs-100s and they feel great, although i do expect them to wear out a lot quicker, as they are thinner, have smaller nobs(heh heh) and are lighter...

dmr = Great tire for dirt street and park, but there are better ones out there...

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
Definatley replace them.

I've run Intense MircoKnobbys before and they wear out fast. In one week the center of the tread was completley worn out and I was only using it for street. Poor grip too.

Schwalbe Table Tops are the go.
Does anyone know of any shops or online shops that have table tops??