Thredbo 2012-13

barron

Likes Dirt
Just a shout out for any one who has hit Thredbo this season already.
I'm heading down in 2 weekends and salivating already. Keen for a ride report and any footage out there. Completely missed the chance last season and the little footage i've seen shows a fairly heavily revamped track from what was there 2 yr ago. Need something to occupy my rabid mind untill i can get down there.

Any help?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Only opened last weekend for the Redarse race. Do a search, there's pics and a bit of info. Handful of new jumps, some changed corners. Always evolving.

PIC1

Likes Dirt
yes as above keen for any feedback!
Heading down there after xmas but could be earlier ......

driftking

Wheel size expert
There are a Few videos of the race too around so search that. There was plenty of snow for the race on Sunday, nothing crazy still all rideable. Should be better in a few weeks if the weather warms up as it should.

T-Rex

Template denier
And right before it snowed it was extremely dusty... A very weird weekend in terms of conditions.

As stated above, they've finally put a decent jump in - 10 meters, it was keeping everyone amused.

TBH, probably the most exciting stuff is all the new tracks being built or talked about, we could see the flow track from the chair, it looks like it's nearly done. Plenty of other stuff in planning phase too.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
new Flowtrail will open in about 1 month and we are very excited about it.

Rollercoaster All Mountain and RedAss DH 2013 event opening round on 7+8 April 2013

morticus

Likes Dirt
What times are they boys putting down on the DH track? Looks like almost everyone was casing that jump too

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I think 'always evolving' is pushing it, dont you think?
ahh no, that's why I wrote it. From now on, it should always be evolving. New management with grand plans. Full B-Line track about to open, that's pretty fast evolution compared to the past. Main trail has three new jumps. The track is always in a state of repair, so it's always changing to some extent. Spoke with the trail crew n the weekend, they have quite a few plans in the works. B-Line "Flow" trail will suck up a lot of their immediate time, so will the proposed new permanent pump track. But then they'll be back on the main trail tweaking. Next year the changes will happen much more rapidly, but this year should have plenty of changes also.

T-Rex

Template denier
I think 'always evolving' is pushing it, dont you think?
I'd have to agree with NSM, the track definately felt different to last summer. In addition to the new jumps, someone's cut loose with a chainsaw on the top part of the track, and opened up a few of the corners.

driftking

Wheel size expert
from the bottom of the fire trail just to add.
So dont bother timing from the very top and compare it :) you might be a little off the pace haha.

pinkgoat

Likes Dirt
ahh no, that's why I wrote it. From now on, it should always be evolving. New management with grand plans. Full B-Line track about to open, that's pretty fast evolution compared to the past. Main trail has three new jumps. The track is always in a state of repair, so it's always changing to some extent. Spoke with the trail crew n the weekend, they have quite a few plans in the works. B-Line "Flow" trail will suck up a lot of their immediate time, so will the proposed new permanent pump track. But then they'll be back on the main trail tweaking. Next year the changes will happen much more rapidly, but this year should have plenty of changes also.
Fair enough. I really enjoy riding Thredbo, but it has changed very little in the years I have been riding there. I just don't believe that one jump (bar the layout at the finish which change every couple of years anyway) is an evolution.

Full credit to the management over recent years as they are certainly are better than the shitty RawNRG of old, and while we have heard about these 'grand plans' many times before it seems this new track is actually happening. Can you shed any info on the track? Is it going to be similar to Buller - Intl./Abom arrangement or truly a beginners track?

I'd have to agree with NSM, the track definately felt different to last summer. In addition to the new jumps, someone's cut loose with a chainsaw on the top part of the track, and opened up a few of the corners.
Sorry not sure if this Maggs Junior or Senior but it felt the same old classic Thredbo to me. They widened a left hander about 1/4 of the way down (after the wooden/sleeper right), but aside from the ski jump it felt the same as last summer. And the one before that etc.